DSG not changing up

Hi

i have a scout 2.0 tdi DSG & occasionally I get a warning to put the the car into P etc... maybe every few weeks, it is literally there half a second then it's gone

About as often the car will suddenly refuse to change up until its high revs, this does seem to only happen when I've accelerated hard & the only way to cure this is to cut the ignition 

I've just had a diagnostic done & the only thing that came up was a possible problem with the EGR!

Does this sound right, has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks for your help

16 hours ago, Ben Frith said:

Hi

i have a scout 2.0 tdi DSG & occasionally I get a warning to put the the car into P etc... maybe every few weeks, it is literally there half a second then it's gone

About as often the car will suddenly refuse to change up until its high revs, this does seem to only happen when I've accelerated hard & the only way to cure this is to cut the ignition 

I've just had a diagnostic done & the only thing that came up was a possible problem with the EGR!

Does this sound right, has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks for your help

Search "gear selector park"

I can't remember the full story but, quite a few have had this

There's a new fix for the 'Park' warning. Used to be a new gear selector assemble,, now it's a new micro switch.

As for not changing up, it could indeed be the EGR as EGR values are directly related to engine load, and it's a closed loop system,, so gear change mapping can be messed up if EGR values are wrong.

• Like 1