Need help on adding a leisure battery to a roomster

Hello!

I just got a 2012 Roomster TSI 85bhp and want to get a leisure battery. I can't find much on the interwebs, except that I have an Euro 5 engine, which probably means I cannot use a VSR (Voltage Sensing Relay), is that the case?

Has anyone here done it and do I really need an expensive DC 2 DC charger? Looking at you @petrev since I believe I seen another post from you saying that you have added a battery to your beautiful setup. Also, what did you do with the spare tyre? :)

Thanks everyone!

Hi @RudiRudiRudi,

Split charge relay is fine and loads cheaper. Euro 6+ need the expensive stuff.

Durite works for me and I just got a kit from Simply Split charge to make life simple.

https://www.simplysplitcharge.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=109_98

The owner will make up any kit that you want from his set versions. Have a chat about your needs.

I ended up with about 7m of Red cable required. Medium duty kit for a 110Ah battery. I added a fuse box  but that is only needed if you have multiple feeds/outlets. Easiest to get it all made up for you to save loads of hassle ... Heavy duty crimping and/or a large soldering iron needed otherwise.

Comes with simple, easy to follow instructions.

No spare wheel - Just a "repair" kit in my Roomster, so easy to just remove the polystyrene and get loads of space for the battery and whatever you need storing.

HTH - Have fun...

Edited by petrev
  • Like 1