7 years of ownership

Owned the Roomie from new since 2013 and I can say it has been a pleasure and the most reliable and least expensive vehicle I have owned. Apart from dealer services I have spent nothing on repairs, I admit it has only travelled 40k but everything is original apart from one number plate bulb which blew and tyres. It comfortable cruises around Europe up to Mount Blanc and down to Lake Geneva without a murmur. Would a buy another Skoda- most certainly

Edited by edbostan
  • Like 2

Agreed,  our 07 plate is a cracker and in much better general condition than our 10 plate Yeti with far far less rust underneath. 

Only complaint from me is it's cramped inside and very low to the ground

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ours will be 8 years old in a month.  Bought it 6 months old (had been used by someone at dealership), so have had it over 7 years. Now done 39700 miles

At the beginning of year would have said never given any problems, tyres had been changed, and routine servicing, but no failures.

Since then it has caused problems, needed to get new battery as kept needing recharging.  Tailgate wouldn’t open (and rear wiper playing up) diagnosed as degraded wiring so needed new wiring loom in tailgate (with hindsight this may have been affecting the battery).

Hopefully now it is fixed will carry on for a while.  Still very useful car.

• Like 1

Mine is 6 years old, owned from new, 72k miles. Love it.

I've only had to pay for servicing, one set of brake pads, and tyres.

The passenger door mirror has stopped moving but apart from that we've never had a problem with it. It's a great car.

My 2008 Roomster is still going strong, i had it from new, gave it to my son and family when their car went kaput. They've just had mot done, and it went straight through, no problem. 

I did one or two things to it, to suit me. My main problem was the door harness, fitted that myself. 

I only past it on because i went back to caravaning, otherwise i would still be driving it. Brill car. 

I am starting to feel guilty driving a petrol engine car. Rather like smoking in a restaurant or drink driving. I would rather keep the environment clean with an electric vehicle even though they are a source of worry for charging on a long drive. I was standing outside a shop waiting for wifey when an elderly gentleman got into his Auris Hybrid and glided away cleanly and quietly.

• 2 weeks later...

Drove our 07 1.9tdi Scout this afternoon after months of exclusively driving our 2.0tdi 110hp Yeti. 

Oh dear, the Scout felt like a tractor with an asthmatic engine, and the cabin felt cramped and oppressive.

Wife loves it dearly, but I think it might be time to let the Scout go. 

• Haha 1

I have been doing exactly the same except its my 2.0TDi CR Yeti thats the asthmatic one. Been using the Octavia to tow with, considering they are the same platform they drive like completely different vehicles, both excellent in different ways, the Octavia has a solid well engineered feel to it but altogether old fashioned.

The PD engine is a tractor by comparison.

My Yeti is the 108hp one with 4x4, it really lacks grunt, seems peppy in the lower gears but thats because it has one more ratio, mid range its dangerous to overtake, but then the 105hp Octavia was like that before I got a remapped ECU.

I'm hoping that a remap on the Yeti to an allleged 190hp will make a difference.

Yes had my 2007 1.9 scout about 10 years now.I agree like a tractor in low gears but once you get up in high gears goes like a rocket.Also easy to park and a great workhorse. Before the virus struck my daughter had tried 3 times to have a new condenser dryer machine delivered through Currys paying extra for a timed delivery appointment.Each time she waited in they cancelled.So ringing a factory outlet ,they had one cheaper could I collect.With the Roomster didn't even have to measure.So within about an hour or so new one picked up and installed,and old one taken to the tip.(it was bought second hand so was beyond repair).

Yes for what it is a great utility workhorse.