Out of warranty servicing

Highlander19

Hi its been a while, what are the thoughts on non- dealer service. My Yeti is now out of warranty and due a service and MOT.

Cost from Thomson and Potter in Perth is £304 for service and £39 for MOT plus cost of fuel from Fort William to Perth.

Local garage who have the mechanics from the VAG dealership which closed down quote £284 for Service and MOT and 3 miles from my house.

Their price for Air Filter and Fuel Filter are quite a bit cheaper than Skoda.

I usually use the dealers but might go with the local guy this time.

The only risk is if you need to chase Skoda for any paintwork, or corrosion issues. They will not pay up as far as I know unless you have had a Skoda dealer inspection at the required service intervals, and even then only if specifically stated that the inspection has been done?

Sounds like a no brainer as that's a massive drive just to get your car serviced. Does the local guy have a good reputation?

Skoda UK regularly say Paint and Corrosion claims are not valid because the vehicle did not have 'Body work inspections'.

Well Full Main Dealer Service History should show Skoda who and where 'Body Inspections are not being done at Services.

But then then the Skoda Warranty T&C's no longer says 'Body Inspections required',  and has not since Service Books were done away with and the page after a Service was where the Inspection was done, any comments made, then after that it was a hand held device that the tech used and that was uploaded to the system.

So Periodic Body Inspections annual or bi-annual really are something of the old 'Skoda UK' era.

As it is now at every visit to a Main Dealer Workshop for servicing the Bodywork, glass, lights should be inspected. 

Still Skoda UK will say inspections not carried out.

Screenshot 2020-07-22 at 13.38.32.png

Screenshot 2020-07-22 at 13.47.37.png