Like a numpty I’ve knackered my interior light

As per description.  Fitting a hands free microphone I’ve been a bit rough removing the light and the slider for the interior light has gone somewhat floppy (oh my)....I can’t see any additional bits on the floor and can’t don’t seem to be able to figure out what I’ve done.  Any ideas folks?

(I will add that I may have replaced that brass piece upside down, I’m not sure which way it goes)

80BF23B9-1FF8-455F-93A8-EE387B5EED86.thumb.jpeg.4628a2db7566ff5f937c249292121cd8.jpeg

F6A798DF-BF7B-47EF-9259-E042EC6117C4.jpeg

Free postage
Does looking at this help? Its an item for sale on eBay for around £12 but a Chinese seller so may be a copy of the original units. Dunno if it can go larger or if you look at their ad, to see if you can figure it out!

Opens image gallery

Car-Reading-Interior-Light-For-Passat-B5-Golf-4-Bora-Caddy-Touran-Octavia-Fabia
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mrgf said:
Free postage
Does looking at this help? Its an item for sale on eBay for around £12 but a Chinese seller so may be a copy of the original units. Dunno if it can go larger or if you look at their ad, to see if you can figure it out!

Opens image gallery

Car-Reading-Interior-Light-For-Passat-B5-Golf-4-Bora-Caddy-Touran-Octavia-Fabia

I can't really see it from that photo to be honest, have you a link to the eBay item?

If you just type in fabia interior light, you will see them but there is also a seller selling a genuine VW/Skoda used one. They want £22 posted but if you mention they can be had for much less, new from China, I am sure they will lower that a little. That one came up straight away, when I typed that in!

I just re-looked at yur picture and it looks like your light is a dark colour. is it not the usual grey version? They seem to be common but I know some cars had blackish roof linings and hence matching lights/sunglass holders.

On 26/07/2020 at 12:28, mrgf said:

If you just type in fabia interior light, you will see them but there is also a seller selling a genuine VW/Skoda used one. They want £22 posted but if you mention they can be had for much less, new from China, I am sure they will lower that a little. That one came up straight away, when I typed that in!

I just re-looked at yur picture and it looks like your light is a dark colour. is it not the usual grey version? They seem to be common but I know some cars had blackish roof linings and hence matching lights/sunglass holders.

I've managed to find a dark grey one from a guy breaking a Fabia on one of the Facebook groups.  Costing me £32 delivered mind....I guess the extra is down to the relative rarity compared to the light grey ones.  I did try offering him £20, but he clearly knows they're worth a little more lol.

• Like 1

Just now, chimaera said:

You've almost got it back together right in your pics, but there's a little spring missing. You can just about see it on the side of this pic from my install:

IMG_20200516_121831.thumb.jpg.7288bca1d77413ae080af58e8c8ea7b8.jpg

Aha, I'll have a hunt around in the car for it....if I find it, I'll bung my light (or the replacement when it arrives) on eBay lol.