Adding front parking sensors

It should be. Are you intending to fit by yourself? You’d need to source an 8k OPS controller, panel Push button, buzzer plus the loom, sensors, sensor holders and an OEM hole cutter for the bumper (I have one of these I no longer need). Somewhere like cars-equipment or car-systems sell kits.

If you don’t want to do it yourself, there’s a place in Coventry that will retro-fit (http://poollretrofits.com/seat_optical_parking_sensors_front_rear_retrofit/) for £580+VAT for a Seat Leon FR, a VRS isn’t going to be much different.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. I'd definitely leave this job to the professionals! 

£700 all in doesn't seem too horrific but it'd be cheaper and easier to buy one with them already fitted. 

I had my SEL done last November by Advanced In-Car Technologies in Poole.  A very professional job using genuine VAG parts, works perfectly.  £650 including VAT.  A VRS uses a slightly different set of parts because the front bumper moulding differs, but I shouldn't think the cost will differ much.  Facelift and Pre-facelift may also differ.  The switch on the tunnel is part of a bank of 5, so you'll need a new bank which also has all the existing switches that your car happens to have.  The folks in Poole asked for photos of the car in advance so that they could be sure of ordering the right parts.

Edited by GaryL
  • Like 1