Track brake pad options for mk3 Octavia VRS

Hi all, I'll be taking my dad on his first track day in his Octavia MK3 VRS soon at Thruxton. I'd like to at least upgrade his front brake pads and bleed through fresh fluid, but I don't know what options there are available for the Mk3 VRS.

If you've tracked a Mk3 VRS, what brake pads did you use? I'm looking for something akin to the Pagid RS29, but not sure if that's available... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Not a MKIII experience, but we used to use DS2500's, they maybe old school now too. They will still go hot and dust/cake the heck out of your wheels.

The new fluid will probably be enough for the first day, 20mins on /30 off etc. Of course this is where you say you and he used to race karts as a kid ;) 

As you'll be driving it home, I always found I coasted a bit on the straights, let other faster, purposeful stuff past then get ready for the corner to make it about as right as I can. I found standing on the anchors great fun a few times... anyway, fluid yes yes and yes. Remove all the loose stuff too, including from the boot. 

Enjoy it, I think you will :)

Edited by ColinD

I always use EBC brakes. If you pick your car on the site it will list all available parts. 
something like Yellowstuff pads would probably be fine. 
Orangestuff would be better for track but not for the road driving home again. 
I have either yellow or the older Red pads in all our cars and never had an issue with them.