£500 tax ?

BRUN

1 minute ago, BRUN said:

Can i take it that most Kodiaq are not affecting by the £500 a year car tax ? only the very top spec models ?

If you go on the Skoda UK configurator and put the model and engine/gearbox that you are interested in at the end it will explain what the delivery/VED costs are for that particular model. Now emissions based for the first year which can be quite high once you venture over 150gm/km co2. Wife's 1.5TSi manual Karoq is just 126gm/km co2 so it has been £145 VED for the first 2 years but will be going up to £150 next time.:thumbup:

If you add too many goodies to almost any Kodiaq from SEL up, you run the risk of the list price plus options exceeding £40,000 - and then having to pay the higher rate VED for the next 6 years. Note the the list price is before delivery and OTR charges so the configurator will tend to exaggerate the problem as it quotes the full price.

1 hour ago, BRUN said:

Can i take it that most Kodiaq are not affecting by the £500 a year car tax ? only the very top spec models ?

Short answer, yes.

For VED purposes, it's best to concentrate on the P11D value. Believe me, ( because I've just gone thru it ),  there's much confusion out there on what the 'list' price actualy consists of.

The only Kodiaqs I know of that attract the higher VED are the the vRS and deisel L&K's. But if you add even a modest option or two to most Sportlines or the 2.0tsi L&K, that could easily tip them over the threshold . A godsend for me was when Skoda announced ( then retracted, then re-announced ) the 1.5 Sportline in the UK because at £35k, unless you go crazy, you should be able to option up the car the way you want it. It's the same with the SEL's, as long as you don't go crazy on the option list, you should be OK.

PS - not sure you're able to add many options to Editions because they're stock cars only but if you buy a tdi 190 Edition with any extra, you could well be in trouble.

Edited by Guest

14 minutes ago, MrTrilby said:

It’s not difficult to get a 190 TDi SEL perilously close to the £40k list price boundary. Don’t ask me how I know ;(

How do you know? :D

The P11D on the 190 tdi SEL is roughly £36500 therefore you should have around £3500 of extras to play with. Did you play too much? 

One problem with the SEL is metallic is an optional extra so that doesn't help.

Edited by Guest

A pano roof and tow bar get you most of the way there. Throw in heated steering wheel, heated rear seats, adaptive cruise control and a few cheaper options and you are well into “I hope they don’t announce a price rise before its registered” territory. 

1 hour ago, MrTrilby said:

A pano roof and tow bar get you most of the way there. Throw in heated steering wheel, heated rear seats, adaptive cruise control and a few cheaper options and you are well into “I hope they don’t announce a price rise before its registered” territory. 

Did the pen run out of ink when you were ticking the option sheet?  :D

14 minutes ago, gocitigo said:

I was shocked to learn that the OTR price of a Kodiaq included £540 VED in year 1! I currently pay £20 🙈

Since WLTP was introduced in... was it 1st April of last year? lots of cars received a shock. TBH £540 1st year tax is one of the cheaper levels. Depending on model a manual 1.5 should cost £215 but the DSG is £540 ( simply because the DSG omits just 1g/km more Co2 😭    I don't know if the diesels are RDE2 approved but that can make a huge difference if their not. Several of them plus the 2.0tsi will be paying £1305 tax in the 1st year.

The 190tdi will cost either £870 or £1305 if it's not RDE2 complient but...  that's for an SEL and that's right on the 190g/km limit.  So if you start adding extras, that may well take it in to the next band which is £1305 or £1850 if it's not RDE2 complient.

Thought I'd mention that for the benefit of Mr Trilby. I hope he hasn't ordered the 190tdi model? A double whammy if you like :D.

On 06/08/2020 at 22:38, Scot5 said:

How do you know? :D

The P11D on the 190 tdi SEL is roughly £36500 therefore you should have around £3500 of extras to play with. Did you play too much? 

One problem with the SEL is metallic is an optional extra so that doesn't help.

When I was ordering my (2nd) SEL it was easy to get close to £40K

I made sure it was registered in March.

E16162F6-81F1-4714-9F5C-026DA232CED7.png

2AF02E80-7DE5-428F-8AE7-E0560F57251D.png

Easy?  It's only easy if you start ticking a long list of extras.    £1000 just for paint  😲

Edited by Guest