Bonelorrys MK6 Golf Match TDI Daily

bonelorry

1 hour ago, bonelorry said:

Not all but I think the Majority of people nowadays that get Cars on PCP and then hand them back after 24/36 Months just don't look after them, They use and abuse them and then hand them back.

Then I come along and see a 1 Owner Car at a Main Dealership, Full Main Dealer History and then go and view it and its a total shed and when some of these Cars are over £20K in Money I really expect perfection for my money because if I had bought a Brand New Car and ran it for 2/3 Years it would be going back onto a Forecourt wanting nothing.

I have bought £4000/5000, 10 Year old Cars in the past which have had 4-5 Owners and have been Cosmetically and Mechanically better looked after.

I'm of a similar opinion to you on the PCP/Lease thoughts. 

2 years ago we bought a low milage (55k) FSH '13 plate Yeti from a main dealer, sold to us on what excelent condition it was in etc etc, the amount of rust (common problem on the doors) but also the roof & all the scratches and dents certainly didn't come across as excelent.  I've just purchased an '07 Polo with 111k on it with FSH and there are a couple of stone chips, no rust & less dents/scratches than the Yeti!

We looked at replacing the Yeti last month & visited a main dealer to see a 1 owner FSH '17 (I would like a DSG Yeti) but again the one on the forecourt was in worse condition than the Polo

• Like 1

On 02/09/2021 at 18:47, bonelorry said:

I should have walked out at this point but I really liked the Car and decided to make a very reasonable offer which to be fair was inline with other similar age/mileage examples on the Approved Used Skoda Network and given I wasn't eligible for the Warranty/Service Plan etc I felt I should haggle a bit and at this point he went online to look at the Figures and said I was correct about the price difference Online vs in the Window and then said that I could have it for the Online Price as it was already discounted by £300 which I knew it wasn't.

He then turned his Monitor round and pointed out that 11 People where watching the advert on approved used website and that with that much interest in the Car he was confident if I didn't buy it someone else would, I told him that although 11 People are watching it those 11 People are not sat in the Showroom offering to buy the Car however I was and would have put a deposit on the Car there and then.

He wasn't interested in me as a Customer and that came across quite clearly, I stood up and walked out at this point.

Guess what, They still have not sold that Octavia Today over a Month since I viewed it and they have now reduced it even further to a price I would have paid for it on that day.

What a lot of grief you've had 😑  I empathise.  I had exactly the same as this over a Clubsport 40 in a main dealership in Tunbridge Wells three years ago.  I really wanted a Clubsport and this one was good, but not perfect.  All four alloys needed a refurb, the glovebox had a deep gouge and needed replacing and the rear bumper needing fettling due to some nasty loading scratches.  None of them deal breakers.  They saw my vRS was in better condition than anything they have on the used forecourt and even commented they were unable to fault it.  They brought the head sales chap out, who also turned the monitor around (which I found quite patronising) to show me the number of hits they were getting.  Two weeks later it was down to the cash price I'd offered, and a week later was a grand below that.  I don't know what happened to it after that as I'd then lost all interest in getting a Clubsport.  I have looked at a Clubsport recently, but found my 7.5 is nicer.

Keep the Mk6, it's a cracking looking example 👍

Gaz

Edited by Gaz
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Gaz said:

What a lot of grief you've had 😑  I empathise.  I had exactly the same as this over a Clubsport 40 in a main dealership in Tunbridge Wells three years ago.  I really wanted a Clubsport and this one was good, but not perfect.  All four alloys needed a refurb, the glovebox had a deep gouge and needed replacing and the rear bumper needing fettling due to some nasty loading scratches.  None of them deal breakers.  They saw my vRS was in better condition than anything they have on the used forecourt and even commented they were unable to fault it.  They brought the head sales chap out, who also turned the monitor around (which I found quite patronising) to show me the number of hits they were getting.  Two weeks later it was down to the cash price I'd offered, and a week later was a grand below that.  I don't know what happened to it after that as I'd then lost all interest in getting a Clubsport.  I have looked at a Clubsport recently, but found my 7.5 is nicer.

Keep the Mk6, it's a cracking looking example 👍

Gaz

Cheers Gaz,

You know I was very close to buying one of those myself in Jan/Feb 2020, Before I bought this MK6 Golf I had just sold my Fabia VRS and also sold my Motorbike so had a good amount to play with and was seriously close to buying a cheap daily driver and liked the idea of having a MK7 Golf GTI Clubsport 40 as a second occasional use Car as a toy.

We all know what happened in March 2020 with Covid so I simply stopped looking, As and when the first Lockdown was relaxed I ended up buying another Motorbike in May and then got this Golf in August. I do still look as I am in a better financial position now so could afford to keep the Golf and buy a second Car as a toy but with the aggro I have had this Year will have a break from looking as I become obsessed with it and spend Hours trawling the Internet and seeing the same Cars advertised day in day out.

It is hard because I know I have high standards and I wouldn't mind if I found something that needed a bit of TLC, The odd Car park dent removing, Some Detailing and a Wheel refurb but could be made into a nice Car and was spot on in every other aspect but nothing I viewed was a good enough base to start with and regardless of how nice a Car is if its missing Services or has not been Serviced properly there isn't a lot that you can do about it so you either take the risk and live with it or walk away...I would walk away every time as I know it would do my head in.

The MK6 will be here to stay for a good while, As said if I do buy another Car it will be used as a toy and not a replacement for the Golf  :) 

Edited by bonelorry

• 1 month later...

(late to the party)

Sorry to hear you've had so much grief trying to find a replacement! But as you said, pointless shelling out x-amount more for a car in worse condition than the one you currently own. 

• Like 2

On 20/10/2021 at 16:23, WolfyWesty said:

(late to the party)

Sorry to hear you've had so much grief trying to find a replacement! But as you said, pointless shelling out x-amount more for a car in worse condition than the one you currently own. 

No worries, I have not been posting much on here. I have had Timing Belt, Water Pump & Aux Belt done on the Golf so it should hopefully be good until August 2022 when its due another Major Service.

I have to admit, The Wife has just ordered her next Car on PCP which comes next March (Non Skoda unfortunately) and it has spurred me on to begin looking again but I am not doing it with any real intent and will be waiting until after Winter before making a decision.

• Like 1