New vRS The King Is Dead, Long Live the King

Out with the old in with the new. Had a mk1 vRS for 9 years from 120k to 206k and she been a brilliant car.  Previous owner modified with 226 horses courtesy of jabbasport and Koni adjustable dampers. Always said we'd go beyond 200k miles and she did nee bother. Towbar for pulling my track slag to the track. What can we replace it with was the question. Wanted something smaller but nowt fit the bill until an irresistible deal on a mk2 limited edition. Remapped the day after. LE means she got the EA888 motor so nice and tuneable. Plenty of area under the nice smooth curve. Bloody hell she don't half shift now, pulls like a train. Wolf in sheep's clothing or what? 20200818_104348.thumb.jpg.7bf3f9bc563fb549837e918037266062.jpg

20200818_104029.jpg

• Like 2

Great choice! How do you find the Mk1 compares to the upgraded model?

I had a MK1VRS many years ago and it was one of the best cars I’d owned but I can’t help but feel the retro interior would feel quite outdated nowadays!

anymore plans for the new car?

Just the same but totally different if you get my meaning.

Very obviously a generation on. Yeah the interior is so much better, always thought the mk1 interior not so much let it down as just didn't lift it enough above the cooking models. As it's an LE that means bolero head unit but also the "Italian" leather seats which really impress. And no stupid white carpets to keep clean!  Very quiet on the go.

I like how the monza wheels look different. 

Wife's daily so more mods planned, liking the Q car vibe. Did I mention it bloody shifts? 🤣

Got other rides to spend my money on

Screenshot_20191022-081357.png

20191222_100342.jpg