1.4pd tdi misfire, no power, engine knock?

OK, my daughter just pulled up and complained her Fabia is not right. took it for a spin around the block but only got around the corner and its not drivable.

seems to be a misfire as no power and if you try accelerating it gets worse and car seems to hesitate really bad.  (cant get over 10MPH)

also if you press throttle to try and accelerate it starts a ticking/knocking sound and feels really rough. managed to crawl back around the corner and get it on the drive.

I have scanned codes and there are none other than intermittent EGR which is always about so its not registering a misfire or injector electrical fault which would point at the loom, but not sure if the 1.4 does register misfire? I know the 4 cyl PD does

its previously had cam lobes replaced and as far as I can tell there is nothing coming out the exhaust like oil/water/etc

lack of codes doesn't help but appreciate any pointers I can work through as till its back running she has to "borrow" my A4 avant and i might never get it back :D

symptoms with cam were different last time.  was smoking under load.

This appeared to "happen" when she was driving, slowed to take a corner and then when accelerating away behaviour started

going to try cold start tomorrow to see if its same issue when cold.

also need to try MAF disconnected too