Electric windows strange fault

reddy

Hi I have a strange fault on just the passenger side windows front and back they sometimes operate off drivers panel and sometimes won't work and also from own window switch the same , I thought it would probably be the usual broken wires in the driver's door but all looks ok is there anything else I should be checking cheers.

I decided to buy new because most of the wires were cracked and some snapped thought might aswell do it properly while am keeping the car, it cost me 144 quid not the cheapest but I like my car😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, reddy said:

I decided to buy new because most of the wires were cracked and some snapped thought might aswell do it properly while am keeping the car, it cost me 144 quid not the cheapest but I like my car😁

Blimey, thats not cheap is it?? My drivers door window loses its memory and doesnt go up/down on the key, but at that price I think it can stay like it.

Problem you have if the wrong wire breaks you're car won't lock like mine started to do,first my passengers window kept losing memory and mirrors didn't fold then my driver's door and rear driver's side door wouldn't lock had to park next to fence and clime in,all good fun not.

Thanks for the information, did you buy the parts from a dealer ?

Did it take long to change out, I assume it is a pig of a job lol....!

I bought it from TPS  in the end due to how quick they could get,it wasn't that bad worse part was unplugging the door lock plug which took about 10 attempts and lots of swearing due to you can't see it,you have to drill the speaker rivets out to get access to it aswell all in all about 2 hours work

• Like 2

Hi I’ve had similar problem, driver side window will go down but won’t go up, I’ve checked & re wired through the door , but still won’t go up (it does go up with the others when I keep button down on fob lock) do you think I need new switches? 
Martin Skoda Suberb.

If your wiring is fine I would try a new master window switch first cheapest option if not could be control unit in the door but there quite pricey