Skoda Fabia Mk3 Monte Carlo ... TOWBAR problem

I am having trouble getting a towbar fitted, my local fitter (who is very good) cannot find a towbar that is Monte Carlo specific.

I believe that any Skoda 2019 Estate towbar will do as the Monte Carlo is just a trim level but I need a

definitive answer very soon as I have a trailer camper to pick up! Named brands would help.

I came across these images on Autotrader when looking to see what towbars people had fitted to their Monte Carlos.

It looks to be a Genuine Skoda towbar. These aren't available in Australia so I've ordered a Westfalia towbar instead. 

My towbar hasn't arrived yet (they sent me one for a VW Eos by mistake) so can't comment on fitment of the Westfalia bar on a Monte Carlo just yet.

But from all the research I've done most makes will fit, you just need to be careful cutting the hole in the black diffuser.

I did find that Towtrust Towbars are listed as fitting the Monte Carlo, but once again not available down here.

84addf8416c144b79fe8c3b7810ea5bb.jpg

152d5ab6a8574c94b62fcad0befc7aaa.jpg

f085c4d31d8e484c8ba2a557c0c3c002.jpg

Also forgot to mention check your VIN label for the rated towing capacity (B) as per the owners manual.

My Monte Carlo has an 1,100kg difference to the GVM (A) which means its capable of towing.

Capture.JPG

Thank you all, so far all the towbar fitting companies just point out the towbar catalogue exclusion of the Monte Carlo.

I have had as excuses;

Electrical problems,

Shelf type rear skirt

Too high a leverage with even a low noseweight.

None of which really makes sense as they are happily fitted to standard (non sporty) estates.

Noseweight on the trailer I want to tow is 25-30kg

Edited by gumdrop

The Monte remains.

Skoda £900+ for fitting a towbar.

Spoke to a South West towbar fitter who was recommended by a Bath skoda dealer, "where are you Bristol? that is outside my territory"

I am next door to Bath.

I have two more to try.

My trailer is kaput the dealer returned my deposit. All over a bl**dy towbar!

Edited by gumdrop

Ambrow trailers nr Bournemouth quoted me £360 to fit  Towbar for mk 3 Fabia est ( my partner went ONLINE to them and got fitted Towbar/electrics for £230 =3008 Peugeot) phone they quoted £345

good luck