KPH/MPH

They launched cars with Software faults because of the penalties if they could not meet the low average Co2 g/km needed.

So the VW ID.3's were also delivered to customers so that they had the registrations.

Once that has been proven, maybe in a court someplace then VW Group can maybe pay owners expenses for having to go to Dealerships to get the car fit for purpose that they paid for.

If the want to save on fines let them pay for being chancers.

Edited by e-Roottoot
  • Like 1

I am still awaiting response since the 11th Nov, when my Skoda dealership had my car for 8 working days and couldn’t rectify any faults. This has been reported to Skoda UK and the main Skoda factory!! I suggest anyone who hasn’t reported there faults to Skoda UK to do so. This needs to be escalated! I am personally thinking of returning my Octavia and cancelling my finance 😒

I think there are quite a few of us who are considering the same! As the dealership said to me 'it's the little niggles which detract from the car itself and cause annoyance' 

It simply isn't good enough!

Many thanks Dave - Is it possible that we could use this group to bind together to exert maximum pressure on Skoda to prioritise a fix for this fault.  I suggest it can't really be such a big deal if there are cars previously delivered without the fault.  Also it appears to have been identified as early as May this year from the news item posted here earlier.  https://www.dpa-international.com/topic/worst-golf-launch-ever-everything-wrong-vw-new-golf-8-urn%3Anewsml%3Adpa.com%3A20090101%3A200528-99-223068

Ideas please, if there are enough of us we ought to build some momentum.

• Like 2

Heard from Skoda today, they have released a series of updates today and our car requires 8 of them, car booked in for week beginning 14 December, can't wait, will update when I get the car back. 

• Like 2

Mine did some sort of update a day or so ago but still has the problem. The only thing that appears to have changed is that, when I select units for speed, it seems to select both kph / mph (though neither change on the dash). There's still no effect when I try to change from km to miles.

Looking at the System Info, my details are:

Part Number 5E3035816

Hardware H56

Software 1668

Display unit H/W H44

Display unit S/W  2088

• Sad 1

On 27/11/2020 at 21:59, Nosnehm said:

Hi ELSUSSETTER

Thanks, I also heard from Skoda today, our car requires 9 updates which they think should cure the problems.  Booked in for Tuesday next 1 Dec 20 so will update you all when I get it back.

Hi, how did the software updates go? Have some problems fine away? 🤞

Hi again everyone,

Just to update you I have received the following information from Skoda:

We are aware of some cases on vehicles with Columbus navigation where imperial scale cannot be selected. The cause is currently under investigation so I'm afraid I can't tell you when an update will be available but as soon as more information is received this will be released in Technical product information.

I haven't heard more from Skoda regarding the Front Assist / Rear Traffic Assist currently not available but guess it will transpire to be a similar issue.  Obviously the more of us who report it then the more likely we will obtain a resolution.  Please ensure your Dealership escalates it to Skoda UK Tech.

• Like 2

Today, on a 2mile drive, the infotainment system shut down 8 times (not done this before) and was throwing up various warning lights/messages on the VC. I contacted Skoda Service Dept while I was in the car, tried to do a reboot but the system kept going down and throwing the warning lights/messages, roll on the 14th. 

• Sad 2

This is shocking! ... Skoda, and possibly the whole VAG group have let us down ... the car was sold to us before the software was ready. 

Having had experience of this in another walk of life they don't care ...

• Sad 2

Hi all,

glad I am not alone with these issues. Car is due to go in on the 15th. Dealer still has our 2018 2.0 tdi Superb Sportline, ask as a passing comment about tempted swapping it back and they said I could it I wanted

no I am in a quandary. Battle through these issues or return to something that works

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I had a call from Dean at Skôda a few days ago. Apparently the tech team are working on a solution and expect it imminently. I wonder if I’ll be able to put the clock on the digital dash too?

• Like 2