Bluefin

Bobo9

Hello fellow Skoda peeps. I have a 66plate rapid 1.2tsi 89bhp and am thinking about the blufin DIY remap which will increase torque to 212nm from 160. But I need to know will the clutch handle the extra power as everything I have read leads to me believing the standard clutch can only take 200nm. If nyone can shed any light on this that would be great thanks.

Aah thankyou I wasn't aware of this. There website is still up and running and they are still operating, however if they do go under there will be no future support 

• 2 weeks later...

I had a bluefin on my mk2 superb and have just upgraded to a mk3 280 4x4 which according to the superchips website uses the exact same part number handset so I’m wondering about the possibility of having it reset and using on the 280 (assuming they’re still going once my warranty is expired...)

One thing putting me off that idea is the lack of dyno proving before and after considering it’s still around £325 with the 35% reset discount and the figures quoted are well below Revo and all the other mappers.

i did like being able to remove it easily though without having to visit the original tuner!