Tyre pressure light

Dantar0

I have the light come up on my dashboard (2011 greenline) I’ve inflated all 4 tires to what it says on the fuel cap but when I come to reset it, the button to reset it (next to the hand break) doesn’t do anything. Been holding it down for a minute and nothing. Not even a flash etc. Is this a common issue? 

Have you checked there are no nails, etc in the tyres? I would also consider disconnecting the battery for ten mins or so. If still no luck, perhaps one of the sensors inside the tyre is broken. Did you have a fully flat tyre?

3 hours ago, mrgf said:

Have you checked there are no nails, etc in the tyres? I would also consider disconnecting the battery for ten mins or so. If still no luck, perhaps one of the sensors inside the tyre is broken. Did you have a fully flat tyre?

No it was just low on my back left, took to a garage and the pressures are fine although he did state that it was a little high for a small car (2.6 bar around)

The light comes on because the pressure of a tyre is different from when last set and the TPMS was reset. 

It has nothing to do with the pressures being low or high if they were put to that pressure.

All the system knows is that the circumference of the tyre has changed from when the TPMS was set.

All 4 tyres could deflate a bit and you would maybe get no TPMS warning.

To reset it, you need to take the key out, put key back in and then turn the ignition on (Not the engine,)

Then hold the pressure button for 5 seconds till the light goes out.

If this is what you are doing, then I dont know!

• john999boy changed the title to Tyre pressure light