Fabia Monte Carlo Bike Rack

Smoggo

Good morning

Can I ask what bike racks / carrier you use or recommend for the Mk2 Fabia, we have the Monte Carlo and worried about the top spoiler

We need to carry 2 bikes, and don't want a tow bar

Thanks in advance for your help

IMG_4308.jpeg

Edited by Smoggo

The best option is to go for roof bars and carriers. I used the Skoda accessories bars on my fab but Thule on other cars, they all work well. 

If not wanting to buy new stuff, Autumn is the best time to pick up cheaper used gear as folks move it on after summer. I buy top end used instead of cheap new stuff and never had any issues.

I carried 2 bikes with front wheels off with this Universal Rack and they were not too high to get under barriers at car parks or under rail bridges that might be near the access to beaches.

It was not a great set up but better than the PITA of taking bikes off to get into some places. I still had to take off the bikes occasionally when there were height restrictions.

I have a Thule UpRide 599 Tyre Hold carrier on roof bars now for a light bike but that is requiring me to take the bike off before getting into EV charging places which are often at park and rides.

Most park and ride bike commuters i see these days are using rear carriers because of just that.

No light board / reg plate fitted, but rear wiper disabled incase i forgot. Auto rear wipe off....

1207756365_Innerleithen007.jpg.a805344560a8a04117c00557fc8f266f.jpg

657155913_BikeRackonvRSFabiaMK2032.JPG.d27c761f2f1fdbc30909b9ead73b02b5.jpeg

DSCN5498.JPG

DSCN5501.JPG

DSCN5507.JPG

Edited by e-Roottoot