The clock has been stopped

My car is Felicia carb.1995 LX and instead of tachometer I have a very big clock .Suddenly after I have changed the board lights it has stopped working sometimes it works and some other times it doesn't. I noticed when I triy to set the clock the hands doesn't move and if they moved they move in a very difficult way ,if they moved. What's the problem and how can I fix it.

How can I replace the clock with a tachometer and what i need.

The last problem you will see in t.e picture 

IMG_20200201_154427[1].jpg

8 hours ago, Wael78 said:

Suddenly after I have changed the board lights it has stopped working sometimes it works and some other times it doesn't.

It is obviously an intermittent open circuit issue. The copper tracks and the solder joints on the PCB are very fragile and very poor quality. They develop micro-cracks due to age, vibration or even slightly bending the PCB when connecting/disconnecting the connectors.

The clock needs 12V continuously to work. You have to resolder all 3 connectors with fresh tin wire and flux. Then use a magnifying glass and an ohmmeter to trace for bad copper traces.

PS. If the photo is from your car, it is a miracle the fuel gauge is still working. See the burnt 10 Ohms resistor.

Edited by RicardoM
  • Like 1

Many thanks Ricardo. I need a diagram and a picture of the three connectors. Note: the clock isn't digital. 

The oil guage doesn't work properly 

Please, I need pictures if you can

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Dear Ricardo,

Thank you for giving me some of your valuable time. I,m in a very bad need for the Values of the instrument panel and the correct copper traces.

I also have an instrument panel with a tachometer I want to replace mine with it but it,s in a very bad case i'll show you its picture  and if it isn't suitable tell me and help me with the old one which I showed in my first request for help in this page. I want to learn on the new panel

Thanks so much.

VID_20200906_222421_9[1].jpg

IMG_20200906_222253_4[1].jpg

I marked for you the copper trace and the connector pin for the clock. Resolder the traces, joints, or use a fine piece of wire to restore the continuity.

Also check if the pins of the clock make good contact with the board.

P1030886.jpg

• Thanks 1

One more thing. The resistor got burnt because you reversed the wires at fuel sender. Before connecting the repaired PCB, you have to connect the wires correctly to fuel sender.

LBh5QpC.jpg

• Thanks 1