Fabia Estate no longer available?

rkenny

I have been keeping an eye on the Fabia configurator to see if Skoda re-introduces the DSG for the range - especially the estate. I noticed today that the Hatch S model is only ‘available from stock’ and the whole Estate range is the same. Is this to do with Mk IV introduction? Perhaps it means no more Estates period. I was hoping they might keep the estate for the Mk IV and have DSG available again.

Does anyone know anything about these deletions from the model choices.

Likely the issue is the WLTP / RDE2 and them dropping models and not getting certification.

The Scala / Kamiq and Karoq will only be available as 1.0 & 1.5 TSI with DSG's  when they are Mild Hybrids.

If Skoda can drop production of the Citigo iV after only 400 are imported to the UK and say they were not profitable then dropping Skoda versions will be easy.

My next car is planned to be a Fabia DSG estate too. A sad loss. I don't want/need a large car like a Kamiq. A Fabia Estate meets my requirements perfectly. Needless to say, I don't follow fashion or trends! I prefer practicality. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, TerFar said:

My next car is planned to be a Fabia DSG estate too. A sad loss. I don't want/need a large car like a Kamiq. A Fabia Estate meets my requirements perfectly. Needless to say, I don't follow fashion or trends! I prefer practicality. 

Same boat currently have a Fabia Hatch was looking at possibly an estate next maybe not then. 

I just found this from a Skoda press release in June about the changes for model year 2021:

Adapted engines and new wheels for the ŠKODA FABIA 2021 model year

In the FABIA, the 95-PS (70-kW) 1.0 TSI will switch to the Euro 6d emissions standard in the second half of the year. The three-cylinder direct-injection engine will then also be available with a 7-speed DSG in addition to the manual 5-speed gearbox, which comes as standard. The entry-level 1.0 MPI with an output of 60 PS (44 kW) and manual 5-speed gearbox will also be converted to Euro 6d. The 16-inch Vigo alloys in anthracite and the black polished 17-inch Blade alloys are being added to the wheel portfolio. Just like the SCALA and KAMIQ, all FABIA models will be fitted with an activated carbon filter and the new version of the optional KESSY keyless vehicle entry system, in which the transmitter signal is deactivated if the key is not moved for five minutes. The Swing system will be the entry-level infotainment system in the ŠKODA FABIA models for the European market. It offers a 6.5-inch touchscreen and comes with DAB radio as standard.

So it looks like the DSG will be making a return after all. I hope the estate version continues but I’m a bit concerned that it has been removed from the configurator.

Does anyone know when 2021 model year ordering begins?

7 minutes ago, rkenny said:

I just found this from a Skoda press release in June about the changes for model year 2021:

Adapted engines and new wheels for the ŠKODA FABIA 2021 model year

In the FABIA, the 95-PS (70-kW) 1.0 TSI will switch to the Euro 6d emissions standard in the second half of the year. The three-cylinder direct-injection engine will then also be available with a 7-speed DSG in addition to the manual 5-speed gearbox, which comes as standard. The entry-level 1.0 MPI with an output of 60 PS (44 kW) and manual 5-speed gearbox will also be converted to Euro 6d. The 16-inch Vigo alloys in anthracite and the black polished 17-inch Blade alloys are being added to the wheel portfolio. Just like the SCALA and KAMIQ, all FABIA models will be fitted with an activated carbon filter and the new version of the optional KESSY keyless vehicle entry system, in which the transmitter signal is deactivated if the key is not moved for five minutes. The Swing system will be the entry-level infotainment system in the ŠKODA FABIA models for the European market. It offers a 6.5-inch touchscreen and comes with DAB radio as standard.

So it looks like the DSG will be making a return after all. I hope the estate version continues but I’m a bit concerned that it has been removed from the configurator.

Does anyone know when 2021 model year ordering begins?

Thank you. That is better news, although the 2nd half of 2021 seems a long way away! 

21 hours ago, TerFar said:

Finding a new car that isn’t a silly SUV styled car without a touchscreen dash is becoming increasingly difficult to find or appeal. I had a Fabia 2 estate and it was a great car. The Octavia I have now is great, but just a bit too big most of the time, but prefer over a Kamiq courtesy car. 

• Like 1

Sad indeed..... the Fabia Estate is unique in its class, i too do not wish for an SUV style car, they are just big and bulky with no real benefit over an estate...... i do not go off road as 99% of owners !

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Hudson1 said:

Sad indeed..... the Fabia Estate is unique in its class, i too do not wish for an SUV style car, they are just big and bulky with no real benefit over an estate...... i do not go off road as 99% of owners !

Most SUVs don't have the luggage volume of a 'proper' estate either. I'm often baffled by the lack of space in some of the monstrosities! 

If you want space and style, I'd put up Skoda Superb Estate against most SUVs. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, threadbear said:

Finding a new car that isn’t a silly SUV styled car without a touchscreen dash is becoming increasingly difficult to find or appeal. I had a Fabia 2 estate and it was a great car. The Octavia I have now is great, but just a bit too big most of the time, but prefer over a Kamiq courtesy car. 

I'm far happier without the mile-wide distraction too. A speedo and a few lights is all I really need, with my mobile for Satnav and music! 

I was in a Merc the other day; as soon you sit in the driver's seat, a big sign is displayed, 'DO NOT BE DISTRACTED BY THE SCREEN WHEN DRIVING' (or something similar) . What a crazy world! 

Good news! The DSG option is now available on both hatch and estate - extra cost is just over £1000 which is reasonable I think. I had a go on the configurator and the DSG is available on the 95PS engine. Note to TerFar - any given new model year and any specification changes, starts around September the year before in terms of factory orders. New brochure also available with detailed costs.

This a major development and Skoda UK should be congratulated for this welcome update.

Edited by rkenny
  • Like 1

New brochure dated 15 September 2020

https://az749841.vo.msecnd.net/sitesengb/alv1/fa095026-4a69-4db9-b830-036872f5d214/SKODA_FABIA_Brochure_15SEP2020.54bd885defd4364ccee72e30dd690aba.pdf

Looks like emission of DSG is 6d step2, but the manuals are only at older step 1

the 110 engines only from stock, now only 95 engines which only have max torque of 160 so 20% less 

Edited by SurreyJohn
  • Thanks 1

I have a 110 engine in mine.

I'd be interested to know if someone has owned or driven a 110 and  a 90 and noticed a significant difference?

• 2 weeks later...

Just noticed Skoda have come up with new finance offers. The Fabia’s offer is quite attractive: £750 deposit contribution and 0% interest. Quite tempted to go for 95 PS DSG - order before 4th January 2021.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like they are still selling a manual box vesion of the estate but it mystifies me as to why it is so much more expensive than the hatch when we are just talking a bit more pressed steel and paint.

• 2 months later...