MY66 Octavia - Cracking Dunlop Sportmaxx Tyres

My Octavia came with Dunlop Sportmaxx RT tyres from new. All of the original tyres started to split between the treads but at the time I just thought they must do that, since they've not been on the car long. I am on my second set of front tyres. However in my recent MoT they advised that the tyres are slightly damaged/cracked/perished. I can understand that on the original rear tyres but the front are just over 12 months old, have covered less than 4k miles and are hardly worn.
Has anyone else had this problem ? Is this a problem with modern tyres, or perhaps just Dunlop ? I am really annoyed as surely it is reasonable to expect them to last more than 12 months especially when the car has been hardly used? It is a great shame, as they are good looking tyres with a large wheel rim protector which is essential, however I don't feel inclined to buy any Dunlop tyres again as I've never had this problem on any other make of tyre (and I've had lots of tyres in 44 years of motoring !)

SportmaxxTyre.jpeg

I had the same issue with these tyres on my 17 plate Octavia.  After sending messages and pix to Dunlop, they advised that their tyres were guaranteed for 5 years from the date of manufacture and, to cut a long story short, took back the 4 tyres and gave me a refund for the unused tread.  Naturally I did not replace them with the same.  I reported this on here back in early 2019 if you can find the thread. 

I replaced the Dunlop's on the wife's 66 plate Fabia last month as it failed the MOT on an inner sidewall bulge on one of the rear tyres and an advisory that all four tyres were cracking in the treads. Four years old and just under 20,000 miles with plenty of tread left.

Not had a problem like that with other makes but did have exactly the same problem with Dunlop SP-01 tyres a few years ago as did others...   So maybe Dunlop still have issues?