Voice Control Options

Lanstrom

Ordered a Scala with the Voice Control (£25) as an extra but the dealership told me I don't need to add it as its included with the SEL model (he did show me the screen of his ordering page that says the Amundsen unit comes with it) and so I thought nothing more of it until I picked the car up to find it is NOT included and now after 13 weeks of messing around with Skoda Customer Services they tell me it cant be retrofitted which amazed me considering the button is on the steering wheel and it obviously links to the headunit so I cant see why it cant be software updated.  Anyway I am now taking out a court case against the dealer for miss-selling the car but meanwhile ...

What I want to be able to do is voice control the phone into making and sending a text message.  Can you guys think of another way of doing this now I cant just press the button on the steering wheel ?  I have seen a 3rd party Google Assistant thing that plugs into the USB socket but this isn't ideal :(

Thanks.

UPDATE:  If I plug the phone into a USB socket and then long-press the voice button then I can use Google Assistant.  Just wondering if this can be done wirelessly now as I don't want to have to plug the phone in each time.

3 hours ago, Lanstrom said:

Ordered a Scala with the Voice Control (£25) as an extra but the dealership told me I don't need to add it as its included with the SEL model (he did show me the screen of his ordering page that says the Amundsen unit comes with it) and so I thought nothing more of it until I picked the car up to find it is NOT included and now after 13 weeks of messing around with Skoda Customer Services they tell me it cant be retrofitted which amazed me considering the button is on the steering wheel and it obviously links to the headunit so I cant see why it cant be software updated.  Anyway I am now taking out a court case against the dealer for miss-selling the car but meanwhile ...

What I want to be able to do is voice control the phone into making and sending a text message.  Can you guys think of another way of doing this now I cant just press the button on the steering wheel ?  I have seen a 3rd party Google Assistant thing that plugs into the USB socket but this isn't ideal :(

Thanks.

My SEL Kamiq so should the scala has it if you say laura in the car does it respond and if i press the voice button it bongs then ask a question. have you done 

skoda connect 

Edited by skoda1982

17 minutes ago, skoda1982 said:

My SEL Kamiq so should the scala has it if you say laura in the car does it respond and if i press the voice button it bongs then ask a question. have you done 

skoda connect 

It says "Function not available" when the button is pressed.

I wonder if a 3rd party can turn the function on.  Skoda says it can't be added after the car leaves the factory which is really stupid.

29 minutes ago, Lanstrom said:

It says "Function not available" when the button is pressed.

I wonder if a 3rd party can turn the function on.  Skoda says it can't be added after the car leaves the factory which is really stupid.

Pre 2020 models it had as standard. 2020 models added extra £25 that probably why you have not got it. The dealer shown you a 2019 spec

27 minutes ago, skoda1982 said:

Pre 2020 models it had as standard. 2020 models added extra £25 that probably why you have not got it. The dealer shown you a 2019 spec

Thanks.  That's very interesting and could explain why the web site said it was included.

It's actually something we had on the Octavia that we part-ex'd and was something that was used that's why we asked for it on the new car.

16 minutes ago, Lanstrom said:

Thanks.  That's very interesting and could explain why the web site said it was included.

It's actually something we had on the Octavia that we part-ex'd and was something that was used that's why we asked for it on the new car.

He should have gone on car config upto date add ons

I have a 2020 Scala SE-L and unfortunately do not have voice control on it. (I did want it but was not able to add it as the vehicle I ordered was a pre-built vehicle). That said, if you can use Google Assist, that's probably much better anyway

9 hours ago, Mdev said:

I have a 2020 Scala SE-L and unfortunately do not have voice control on it. (I did want it but was not able to add it as the vehicle I ordered was a pre-built vehicle). That said, if you can use Google Assist, that's probably much better anyway

The problem is that Google Assistant doesn't seem to work unless the phone is plugged in.  I'm not sure if there is a way to make it work as that would be very useful.

On 24/09/2020 at 08:50, Lanstrom said:

The problem is that Google Assistant doesn't seem to work unless the phone is plugged in.  I'm not sure if there is a way to make it work as that would be very useful.

If you have an iPhone you can use Apple car play Siri as voice control