MIB STD PQ radio touchscreen issues

Oli

Apologies for the poor video, one handed in the workshop in my free 5 minutes before dinner.

Just bought this and powered it up to test it on a 12v loom adapter before install and found that the touchscreen is very tetchy and as far as I can tell half the screen isn’t responding to touch correctly if at all. 

Have contacted the seller as it is clearly an issue. 

Anyone had this themselves or know if it is even repairable?

Sorry for poor vid I was rushing to test it after getting back from work before sorting out the rest of my family chores!

IMG_0924.thumb.jpeg.fe59f6fe7af2d29736cd70694ee4e7f5.jpeg

Edited by Oli

Tried whilst holding the case on either side with one of both bands, no great improvement sadly. I wonder if there is crap in the bezel/tft area that's causing issues. I may well look to see how the screen surround comes off so I can get in there and clean it all.

Had a quick dig around to see what version and installs are in there.

IMG_0924.jpeg

IMG_2661.JPG

IMG_9780.JPG

Can’t see any means to calibrate the screen and can’t get into engineering mode without connecting VagCom to the test wiring harness (if that’s how it is done). 

Anyone know a good repair guy for radios? Suspect the digitiser/tft needs changing. I could do it I guess if I could source the piece and there was a guid somewhere for the disassembly of the radio. 

Currently exploring the suggestion the courier has dropped the box and hurt it!

Well I was caught in the catch22 that I could likely replace the screen but as soon as I did anything to the unit was unable to send it back and at a cost of probably £50-100 for a screen and the work to fix it and then code the radio I may as well send it back and start again. it does appear that the non nav and nav units share the same screen across the VW/Škoda/etc range but parts really somewhat rare on eBay.

Once I have my refund I can pickup a new unit.