OBD 2 scanner that will work with Felicia

23 minutes ago, Raychev05 said:

I think this is only for America. 

For Europe the car should be after 2006.

OK well I took a gamble on this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114354626194 as the listing says it should work. I also got a discount so only paid about £5 for it and dont mind if it turns out not to work as expected. I will let people on here know how it works out. Oh and yes I still have use of old operating systems so I will have no issues with software that apparently only works with systems up to XP! There are workarounds so I can use with modern hardware.

7 minutes ago, lotrjw said:

OK well I took a gamble on this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114354626194 as the listing says it should work.

That cable will work, except it is not OBD2 as advertised but OBD1. It is a cheap China clone (read hacked) of VAG-COM from Ross-Tech. It may or it may not have the "registered" (read cracked) software (VAG-COM release 409.1) on a CD.

1 minute ago, RicardoM said:

That cable will work, except it is not OBD2 as advertised but OBD1. It is a cheap China clone (read hacked) of VAG-COM from Ross-Tech. It may or it may not have the "registered" (read cracked) software (VAG-COM release 409.1) on a CD.

As long as it works Im not fussed its old now anyway.

• 1 month later...

I use obdeleven and it works fine for reading error codes, and live view of sensor data.

Didn't try to program anything though as I didn't have the need yet.

I use it on a 1998 pre face lift 1.3 mpi

Edited by Mariosti
More info

11 hours ago, Mariosti said:

I use obdeleven and it works fine for reading error codes, and live view of sensor data.

Didn't try to program anything though as I didn't have the need yet.

I use it on a 1998 pre face lift 1.3 mpi

that is actually some amazing find that it can communicate with the ecu.
i would like to know more

• 3 weeks later...

Tell me what do you want to know exactly.

You can see some general info on functionality with specific models, and it basically supports all VAG cars with OBD and an ECU.

Here's the search site for supported cars:

https://obdeleven.com/en/supported-vehicles

For my car it's only ecu and immobiliser modules, but when i looked up newer Felicia models (ones with abs, airbags etc) it had support for more modules for them.

I can 100% recommend it for data, fault codes etc. readout, and fault codes clearance. It's supposed to be able to do much more even on Felicia, but as mentioned I didn't have the need to try it yet, so I can't say if or how well it works. Also I think that there's a cheaper "non pro" version without the coding functionalities, so that's also an option.

Edited by Mariosti

• 1 month later...
On 23/09/2020 at 00:44, lotrjw said:

I would like to know what OBD 2 scanners work with a 1.6 litre Felicia from 1999?

On 1.3 they DON'T work, i have tested this with 2 devices.

The OBD11 works, i have bought it and test it but unfortunately has not those fancy gauges on the led screen-smartphone that the OBD II guys have.