Monte Carlo Estate Towbar, Fitted at Last

PF Jones arranged, mobile towbar fitter arrived today in the rain and fitted a Westphalia towbar with a detachable towball. 

It needed a bigger hole in the skirt than the normal Fabias. The official plug in electrics were awkward but the fitter (Steve)

made it look easy. I had this harness fitted as the car is under warranty.

51 minutes ago, founts_d said:

That's great! Do you have any photos of it installed? Thanks

Not at the moment, there is Storm Alex in progress, it is an extremely heavy rain scenario.

Not too pretty from down here (see photo) but reflection from gravel makes the incision look huge

It looks very handsome from normal viewing angles though. Full electrics fitted to satisfy warranty.

P1010273 Monte Carlo tow hitch 2020 PF Jones Ltd.jpg

I cannot get down to look nowadays (the camera has a tilt-able view screen) I will get my lad to take a look.

Thank you.

On 07/10/2020 at 10:01, founts_d said:

Isn't there a loop beside the neck on the right hand side? Up on the main beam of the towbar?

Yup, found it!  I had to grope about myself (lazy ****** was too busy) I could barely get my hand

in the gap.

• 1 month later...
On 16/11/2020 at 00:07, founts_d said:

Gumdrop, you did well to get your towbar from PF Jones. I ordered the same Westfalia Detachable towbar from them on the 11th August and I'm still waiting for it 3 months later!

I ordered it and the fitting service, in my case the towbar and harness arrived the fitter took several weeks.

It all worked well when fitted but I had 7 pin instead of 13 pin the trailer was 13 pin ..... Bother!

It towed the 750kg trailer well but there was a problem with the trailer and it had to go back.

• 4 weeks later...

So my wait is over. PF Jones finally delivered the Westfalia Detachable towbar I ordered.

Fitting was pretty straight forward, I might need to trim the bumper a bit more though.

Wiring the 13 pin dedicated electrics was as to be expected. A lot of the interior out, and the CAN connection behind the dash was a pain.

Overall really happy with everything though.

20201217_105850.jpg

20201217_105856.jpg

• 1 year later...

Appreciate this is an old topic - but if the Op is still around, does the towbar trigger the parking sensor when it’s attached? I’m looking to get a fixed towbar to save some cash, but have got used to having the sensors for parking!

Thanks founts_d that’s reassuring. The installer I’d contacted was telling me ‘it’ll probably be fine’ but I wasn’t sure whether that was experience or just optimism…