Water leak in offside front footwell

AshWest

Hi all

got in the car this morning to find drivers footwell soaking wet with evidence of water coming in from behind the dash. I’ve had a little look around the exterior and found a possible gap in the windscreen seal at the base. See attached photos. I have booked the car in with Marshall’s but could not get an appointment until 19th October. I wondered whether anyone else has experienced this with a Karoq during Heavy rainfall?

E8CC76DE-7F1F-467E-8AE5-AC0F2AAC922C.jpeg

77269193-92F5-4472-B17C-F7E409A1A083.jpeg

72BEBE8C-D165-4D9B-A472-C5268BA83338.jpeg

• Sad 1

Surely that just a badly fitted trim, The windscreen should be fitted with a line of glue all aound its rear edge inside bonding to the bodywork.

More likely to be a blocked sunroof drain, if fitted, or a blocked drain in the scuttle area under the bonnet causing a pond which has found a route to overflow  into the car

Thank you for your comments so far. Yes have panoramic sunroof fitted. No sign of anything coming down from there but not checked any drains etc. If it is a drain mentioned, any idea of where these can be found and I’ll take a look? Fingers crossed it’s just something really simple like that! Thanks again.

Hi

just done a search and looks like my car is part of a recall campaign but I have not received anything from Skoda. Also search on their site gives no indication on what the recall campaign is for. I’ll be very annoyed if it is for this sunroof drain and I’ve not been notified. Fingers crossed.

thanks for your help

Have a look at the thread titled Campaign 60E3 from 26 June. I had exactly the same problem - carpets and sound proofing/underfelt completely soaked. The car went in for the 60E3 with me assuming the sunroof would be the problem, but as it turned out, there was a gap somewhere in the sealant between the bulkhead and wing area. 

Upshot of all this was new carpets all round, all done under warranty. So far so good, but it is strange that the problem took 2 1/2 years to manifest itself.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks all. I’ve taken the mat out of the footwell and hanging over radiator to dry. Carpets seem to be dry so I’ve put a towel down in the footwell for tonight as just started raining heavily again (typical). Hopefully will not be too bad in the morning.

thanks to everyone for their help.

ill be phoning the service dept again Monday morning to see if they can fit me in any earlier due to what I think is fairly serious and could cause significant flooring damage if left. I’d also like to see if there’s any other recalls to be checked and why I haven’t been notified of the recalls to date.

will update you all once I know more.

thank you!

They are not RECALLS.   Dealership staff and Skoda Customer Services might well say a RECALL.   They are a Recall action as they now are called,  that is a Service Campaign really.

http://skoda-auto.com/services/recall-actions

A Workshop Service Campaign or SKODA SECRET SERVICES action.   Need to know and if you are not visiting a dealership you are not needing to know.

It is a ridiculous situation that Skoda have been up to for years now.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/337617-skoda-service-campaigns-no-recall-being-done-briskoda-forum

Screenshot 2020-10-04 at 06.03.20.png

Edited by e-Roottoot

So, got in the car this afternoon and of course worse (had non-stop heavy rain over night). Water now seeping through the part of the padding on the A-frame and drops of water fell from the sun visor when pulled down, all wet around the padding area of the visor and in places around the sunroof. I’ll be phoning service centre again tomorrow to see if they can see me more urgently.