Front sensor alignment

Teds

I have had a minor front end shunt when backed into my stationary car.  There is no physical damage as far I can see but I don't know whether any of the fron sensors are out of alignment.  They all see to work in the expected way as far as I can tell.

Information about the following would be helpful:

Contact was a with the bumper - does that have any sensors embedded in it? If it doesn't there is likely no issue.

If there are sensors in the bumper, has anyone had to have theirs checked/or re-aligned and have any idea how much it costs?
The car is a 1.5 SEL DSG with the driver assistance pack.

This has the potential to be make a problem out of a very minor low speed shunt.

My car was 3 days old when I set off from parked and didnt see, and forgot about, a large heavy concrete planter just in front of car. I pushed it abour 1m along! Scratches to rubber bumper section which fortunately sprang more or less back to shape, and a very slight mark on a painted section above. I had to clip the black rubbery area back into place where it sprung off. The cars emergency brakes didn't work either, as they do sometimes when trying to manouver through tight gaps.

No issues to any sensors, everything still works correctly.

I think the part I have slightly scratched costs £400 alone!!! I can live with it, hardly notices when dirty. If the part above was damaged as well £1k plus??

Thank you for the reassuring posts.  I have driven the car some more since the original post and the sensors seem to be working as expected. 

If you need to check they're working properly, have the engine running, brakes on and in Park/neutral, push the switch on the dashboard to turn on the sensors and go for a walk around the car. You might need the window open but you'll be able to hear the audio alarm going off. Stand in front of each sensor and move away from it to check they're all working the same.

But if you haven't noticed any irregularities in the way they work with normal driving I think it's not likely they've been affected.