Service/Oil Change Indicator problem

I have a MK2 facelift Superb 2.0 Diesel 170 BHP 2013. If I go to "Service" in the MFD display I see two  elements 

1. OIl Change

2. Inspection required.

I was getting notification that the  inspection was due and I wanted to reset that indicator. After searching YouTube I found i found a suggestion which involved pressing the "Trip" button then turning on the ignition, this unfortunately reset the Oil Change miles  not the inspection  miles. [See pictures ]

Further research lead me to Switching on the Hazzard lights, pressing and holding the Trip reset button and then turn the ignition on, You are then asked if you want to reset the inspection interval. I clicked Yes and all is now sorted.

However the Oil Change has been set to 0 miles /365 days, before I started the next Oil change was due in about 10,000 miles, any ideas what I can do to reset this?

I do not have access to VCDS

20201009_103518.jpg

20201009_103457.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

still having the same situation - any one work out why the miles will not reset to 10,000 but stays on 0? the days count down but I get the service Ping every single time I turn on the ignition!

• 3 weeks later...

if anyone searched/finds this post we (by we I mean  SJFISHER67) fixed this using VCDS.

I think the bit that fixed it was: 

920 941 M,channel IDE01153-SIA: maximum value of distance to service, adapted from,0 km,to,15000 km

Setting oil quality would change the days from 1-year to 2-years but would not do the miles.

Worth noting my car had Variable Service from the factory but suspect someone has reset it either via the trip button method, or some proprietary tools, OBDii app, or some-such.  Hopefully next year (or 9,400 miles) later it will reset ok using the trip button. 

Thanks again to SJFisher67 for sorting this!  

• Like 1