Fuel flap locked shut

from an online manual .. Unlocking– Open the boot lid and remove the right inner paneling.– Pull on the control cable in direction of arrow in order to unlock the⇒ page 157, fig.fuel filler flap

Edited by Scotjimland
  • Thanks 1

In the meantime try locking and unlocking the car while pushing on the flap, you might get lucky. One of our skodas has done this once only, and that sorted it. If you get it open its likely you will either need to lubricate the plunger part of the mechanism or replace it entirely

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ExSEAT said:

In the meantime try locking and unlocking the car while pushing on the flap, you might get lucky. One of our skodas has done this once only, and that sorted it. If you get it open its likely you will either need to lubricate the plunger part of the mechanism or replace it entirely

Be careful what you lubricate it with.  I found to my cost NOT to put WD40 on a steel to plastic bearing.

12 minutes ago, ExSEAT said:

An AA mechanic one advised me to lubricate electric windows with silicon oil.  (On the sides where they slide against the felt tracks).  Maybe silicon oil would be OK on the flap plunger?  Maybe others could comment?

I had this happen last year.

Take a plastic trim tool to prise the flap a little. Squirt plenty of silicone spray on the plunger.

Unlock & lock a few times until it frees up.

Edited by Jon TDI
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, steve0070 said:

Hi all

Tried the silicone spray and success, the flap opened and after a good clean and spraying with silicone it now opens and locks perfectly 

Thanks people 

I bought a tiddly bottle of silicon oil from a builders merchant for £5, and a large aerosol can from Lidl for about half that!