Portable Display Unit won't connect to car data

olley

That pretty much sums it up, the Portable Display Unit on a newly purchased 2016 Mii Design  won't connect to car data, so the display shows the rev counter, average fuel usage etc. but the needles stay on zero.

I've tried turning on/off, resetting using the little button with a paperclip. At a loss really and the car has to go off to my daughter soon.

I've also clean all the gold contacts with alcohol.

Anyone experienced similar issue, that could shed some light?  I'd be hugely grateful.

Photos show the car moving, but displays not registering anything.

20201023_165205_resized.jpg

20201023_165218_resized.jpg

When you took the photos, was the ignition on? If so, it looks as though there is no connection with the car at all as the battery in the PIDis not charging. Does the radio show on the PID if it is on on the media section? 

Edited by peter3197

1 hour ago, peter3197 said:

When you took the photos, was the ignition on? If so, it looks as though there is no connection with the car at all as the battery in the PIDis not charging. Does the radio show on the PID if it is on on the media section? 

Thank you Peter. Yes the ignition was on but... I've cleaned all the contacts again, clicked in all back in place and... Yay!!! All working!!!

Got all the engine data (mpg, revs etc. plus bluetooth, media and sat-nav).

So pleased with this amazing little car!

20201024_114420_resized_1.jpg

20201024_114402_resized_1.jpg

Glad you got it sorted. I was pretty certain it was a connection issue. I had the same problem with mine when the car I bought hadn't had a PID on it and it took a lot of cleaning of the contacts to get it working.