Sport suspension

victorq

Hey!

Has anyone here specced their new Octavia with optional sports suspension (non-DCC)? I'm wondering how does it effect ride and handling. Thinking of going with 17inch wheels. I'm going for a test drive this week, but unfortunately they don't have one with sports suspension. I test drove a mk3 Octavia earlier this year and it felt too soft and wobbly on B-roads and motorways compared with Seat Leon and my current Honda Accord.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm here with a bit of an update (or downgrade) and thought this could help.

Just had my winter wheels fitted. This is how she looks with the sports suspension on OEM Škoda Velorum rims (powder coated gun metal) with OEM spec 205/60/R16 tires. There was a pretty big difference in steering weight (now it doesn't feel like the wheels are connected to the steering wheel at all :D ), though overall increase in comfort was minimum. 

side2.jpg

side1.jpg

• Thanks 1