Pfl auto dim wing mirrors

Have recently retrofitted rain/light sensor and auto dim rear view mirror. Want to fit auto dim wing mirrors now.  Have acquired a pair but no idea what pin positions are for what mirror side. Was wondering if anyone had a wiring diagram for them?  I ammsume they are from elegance spec. They come with two plugs, I think the small plug is for auto dim signals from mirror. 

20201120_122735.jpg

20201120_122844.jpg

Congratulations on your lottery win!

AFAIK auto dimming wing mirrors were L&K spec.

I have a PFL L&K but not sure I have a wiring diagram, will post back if I do.

Only if something hits you... at the price/rarity (lottery comment) you wouldn't want to hit anything!

I think I've read of folding mirrors but probably on a Mk3 not Mk2, but I'm no authority on option specs.

My elegance does not have auto-dim wing mirrors, so it looks like MicMac is correct on that. Folding wing mirrors it does have, but they only seem to fold if you operate the window full close from the remote.

Actually they must fold in if you hold down the remote lock button down or something, but I don't know exactly what.

As you can guess, it isn't really a feature I have much use for.

9 hours ago, MicMac said:

Only if something hits you... at the price/rarity (lottery comment) you wouldn't want to hit anything!

I think I've read of folding mirrors but probably on a Mk3 not Mk2, but I'm no authority on option specs.

Meh easy come easy go, I've only written off one wing mirror in 20 years so hopefully I will avoid that issue 😆🤑🤑🤑.  Pretty much all of the pin positions on the plug are filled, with the addition of the extra 2 pin plug, only things I can see extra over my old mirrors are puddle lights and auto dim.  Alot of extra wires just for those two added features. Attached is my door to mirror plug 7 of the 12 pins are used compared to 11 of the auto dim mirrors. 

20201120_123957.jpg

Decided to take apart the mirror to check wiring, looks like the 2 pin connector is for auto dim,  all the extra wiring appears to be for the mirror motor/memory function i presume, i can't see any folding motors in there, unless its well hidden, luckily the puddle light wiring was already installed, just vcds coding required. I'm only really interested in getting auto dim functionality so getting that working should be pretty straight forward from here, apart from routing the bloody loom that is!

20201123_134551.jpg

20201123_134620.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Update on the auto dim wing mirrors, all fitted and working,   couldn't run the wiring through the door controller as it didn't have the pin outs in the module so bypassed. Attached a few pics of the wiring in case it helps anyone else who wants to fit auto dimm mirrors.  I didn't fancy laying another loom in the guts of the wiring behind the dash so ran the right hand side down right A pillar.  Door connectors were easy as the pull out door side giving easy access to plug for wiring up signal wires from rear view mirror to A pillar door wiring connecter. 20201214_113841.thumb.jpg.fd88f0fb78e4851184800e1e826410d4.jpg20201214_113853.thumb.jpg.19c31a6ebe02cd13c879325befd0fb0c.jpg1841610986_20201214_1043142.thumb.jpg.0f8a3da9764b6300efb59d35651ff220.jpg

Bit more info, the 2 pin connectors required for wing mirror to A pillar is 1J0973332, you can get that plug with pins or get one from breakers. Just so happens its used on drivers side door to power the little LED for alarm. I found a couple and spliced repair wire in to make the loom.