VCDS or Icarsoft VAWS2.0?

9fingers

I expect to be keeping my Octy3 for as long as possible and so far have had 4 trouble free years and not needed to connect up to the obdII port for anything serious.

Yesterday I needed to take the from passenger seat out to carry a long load and have tripped the airbag light so I need to reset that and there will be likely be more things in the future.

I'm now doing lower mileage than ideal for a diesel and getting the DPF warnings - so far fixable with a high revs run up the motorway but could need to force a regen in the future

Has anyone got a iCarsoft VAWS2.0  (£150) and can compare it to the VCDS (£225)

Clearly lots of VCDS fans here but need I spend that much? Will the VAWS do the DPF regen?

Thanks

Bob

If you just want to reset faults and do some basic coding or adaptions then have a look at Carista as that’s cheap (about £20-30 for the dongle and £30 ish for a year of pro which you don’t usually need unless you have a problem).

VCDS is great though if you want the proper toys (I have both now)