Start-stop error - new battery

Hi,

I recently started getting the classic start-stop error whenever I started my car. Last time that happened my car died within a week, so this time I have had a pre-emptive battery replacement. 

Unfortunately, I'm still getting the same start-stop error. If there something I need to do to clear this (like full steering lock to clear the steering warning, and driving a bit to clear the tyre pressure warning) or is it time to get someone to investigate the problem further? 

Thanks! 

Did you code in the new battery?  If you didn't, then the car won't charge the new battery correctly.  You will need a VCDS system to code in the new car battery.

Oddly enough, I would also make sure that you put in new batteries into the keyfob (I know this is a weird one, but bare with me).  I've found on my 2016 Scout that when the keyfob battery was low, all kinds of stupid, random error messages would appear including tyre-pressure warnings.

5 minutes ago, wedge69 said:

The guy who installed it claimed it didn't need any coding...

He was wrong - the system needs to know that it has had a new battery so that the power monitoring and charging logic re-calibrate to a brand new battery.

50 minutes ago, wedge69 said:

Anyone around Gloucester got a VCDS?

We have a list of people with VCDS who are willing to help:

Gaz

• Thanks 1