MAF

Hello everyone I am a new member here and I be the best about briskoda so I joined.! I would like to ask you guys if is ok for me to clean my mass airflow sensor with the special spray from liquid moly. I don't know if I reinstall the maf sensor it will need the computer to erase any messages. I don't have any warning lights but I have driven my octavia make 2013 for 250000km now and I never sprayed before. I am changing all my filters every 7000km. Thank you very much for your time

Brake parts cleaners leave residue. I am afraid since I haven't cleaned it for 6 years now that I d might damage it or maybe I will have to erase an error through computer

What suggests you need to clean it? It shouldn't be contaminated as that's what the air filter is for which you are changing very regularly anyway. I see this as a bit of a placebo effect. If I clean it the car will feel better.

The only way to really tell it's not working correctly is to use diagnostic software such as VCDS to see the actual air mass measured by the sensor and the specified values the ecu needs. 

There were certainly issues with Vw group MAF sensors failing alot on early Mk4 golf's and such platforms but that was years ago. If it fails you won't have boost. 

If you do proceed to clean it, it's unlikely to need any faults erased. Just leave the ignition off during the clean. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you very much for your interest and your polite response. The only thing that made me consider cleaning the maf is the fact that I have done 250000 km and thought it would not hurt. But I will definitely take your advice and check the values through vcds. The last time Ive put the vcds showed no errors. That was a month ago

• 1 month later...