17mm / 22mm deep drive socket for strut top nut

I'm going slightly potty trying to find these tools (pictured) to change my suspension. Any links to these would be greatly appreciated. I finally found the DD6 tool, but struggling to find the socket. I've got a 22mm audi spark plug socket on the way for the fronts but can't do the rears yet.

Another thing that's bugging me, is it ALL suspension bolts that dont like impact wrenches, or just the top nuts? I have a breaker bar and torque wrench but have treated myself to a new cordless impact wrench. So I planned to use that to help me gets the old parts off and refit with manual wrneches.

Thanks in advance. Hoping to post some gratuitous before and after shots in the not too distanct future

image.png.3f85abc0044289b3daa6ac7619a31a73.png

I see no reason why you are having trouble sourcing sockets...

I would use an impact wrench with caution on dirty/rusty bolts, there's a good chance of damaging them even after wire brushing the exposed threads and applying lube.  It's safer to use manual tools.

I have several offset ring spanners covering sizes 16 - 24mm that have worked fine for changing shock absorbers/removing top nut.

E.g.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/KS-Tools-920-0216-ULTIMATEplus-spanner/dp/B001NYZSLI/ref=psdc_1939049031_t1_B001NYT102

https://www.amazon.co.uk/KS-Tools-920-0221-ULTIMATEplus-spanner/dp/B001NYT102/ref=sr_1_8

best not to use  an impact gun on the top nuts as the shock has delicate parts inside that can be easily damaged by an impact,

only ok to use on old shock that you are planning to replace with new ones as doesn't matter if the old shock gets damaged

a ring spanner and mole grips should be fine for the rear

Edited by wiilydog