Help buying spare fuses for Fabia Mk1 (and cheap bulb / fuse "kits")

Hi

I need to replace a break light bulb....  While I'm at it, I thought I might get a few replacement bulbs so I've always got some handy in the future).  This in turn got me thinking it would be handy to have some replacement fuses as well.  I know nothing about types of fuses for cars and wondered if anyone could tell me what I need to look for please?  If anyone knows of a multi pack available that would cover me that would be very helpful, but no worries if not - I'm happy to look.  

Back to the bulbs, I see these two packs available:  

https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/universal-bulb-kit-548776160

https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/sakura-emergency-bulb-kit-551777704

They seem very good value for money.  In fact, almost too good to be true.  Are they a real bargain or a false economy (IE will they fail really quickly)?  

And more relevantly to this thread, are the fuses in the packs any good for my Fabia?  

Cheers

Edited by Hawthorn654

• Hawthorn654 changed the title to Help buying spare fuses for Fabia Mk1 (and cheap bulb / fuse "kits")

Here's my 2/- worth. Cheap bulbs are cheap for a reason, buy a brand like Phillips or Osram, in fact fit Osram nightbreakers to your car and keep your current headlight bulbs for emergencies. You can buy a few brake/indicator etc  bulbs from a motor factor for very small money (not Halfords). Your car will have standard and mini fuses again you can buy assorted fuses from your local motor factors. There should be a diagram on the fuse cover showing what each fuse is for

Edited by paulkennedy
add text
  • Thanks 1

That second kit (and possibly the first kit) doesn't have the correct tail light bulbs. The Fabia uses 566 offset pin tail bulbs which are twin filament 21/4 watt. One filament sevrves as the tail lights and one the driver's side fog light. The left fog filament is redundant. The number plate bulbs are also wrong in that kit (should be 239). No correct indicator orange bulbs either (should be 581). The kit also does not contain a H3 main beam bulb.

Some of the Fabia's fuses are mini blade fuses and those kits look to only have standard size blade fuses.

Brake light bulbs are P21W (382).

Edited by TMB
  • Thanks 1

Hi

Many thanks for the replies.

I have got Nightbreakers in the front.  I put them in when the old ones went, so don't have spares.  My thinking was to get the spares to just tide me over should one of them go.  However, they're usually available next day delivery and we don't do all that much driving.  So maybe a spare isn't essential.  

Thanks for pointing that out RE the kits.  I didn't realise so much in them would be no good for the Fabia, so I'm glad you pointed it out before I bought them.  

Could you remind me what the number part is for the reverse light bulbs please?

Thanks again

15 minutes ago, Hawthorn654 said:

Could you remind me what the number part is for the reverse light bulbs please?

Is it the same as the brake bulb (P21W (382))?  If so, is this ok:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Osram-P21W-Original-Reverse-Light-Bulbs-Lamps-Back-Up-Genuine-Replacment/112764434321?epid=1716320077&hash=item1a4148b791:g:bcYAAOSwqaJaYgEy

Doesn't say 382 but everything else matches.  

Thanks again

Edited by Hawthorn654

Excuse the conversation I'm having with myself :)  But just found these and they seem be the ones for brakes:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Osram-P21W-382-21W-Original-Standard-Bulbs-Vehicle-Auxiliary-x2-7506-02B/311840506166?epid=1237359264&hash=item489b248136:g:vOMAAOSwYutaxioR

If anyone can confirm RE reverse lights that wold be brilliant.

Cheers