Did the 280ps Superb ever get the DQ381 7-speed DSG?

See the title.....

I'm sure that the 272ps does have the 7-speed but I'm not at all sure if it was ever fitted to a UK spec. 280.

Reason for Q?, I considering replacing my old Mk.2 with something newer.

TIA, DC.

47 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

No the 280 had the older 6 speed

old 280ps DSG6 still provided in Russia

better mpg and CO2 in GBR Configurator lets us guess this is new 280 version,

but without info about DSG gears count no clearness at all

2.0_TSI_272_vs_280.png.e36c15d4ef36248e7036c8208f4ea58d.png

Edited by MartiniB

1 hour ago, shyVRS245 said:

No the 280 had the older 6 speed so does more rpm at 70mph than the 7 speed in the 272 which saves fuel on the motorway. It sits at just 2,000rpm in 7th at the legal limit. My 2020 diesel 7 speed DSG does just 1,600rpm at 70 mph.:thumbup:

When it eventually gets there .... ;)

• Haha 3

DQ381 arrived with the GPF 272, no 280 has it, and will continue with the new  2021 GPF 280.

I'm sure the choice to change yet again the bhp to an already used value will create quite a mess when trying to define models and engines...

• Haha 1

On 08/12/2020 at 12:49, shyVRS245 said:

No the 280 had the older 6 speed so does more rpm at 70mph than the 7 speed in the 272 which saves fuel on the motorway. It sits at just 2,000rpm in 7th at the legal limit. My 2020 diesel 7 speed DSG does just 1,600rpm at 70 mph.:thumbup:

Thanks Shy, it will have to be a 272 then. I'd prefer a 272 Passat Estate (shorter) but they are very rare & expensive.

SWMBO says "no" to a Cupra ST, (too cramped inside), + all the new VAG cars have dumped the sensible HVAC controls.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, newbie69 said:

DQ381 arrived with the GPF 272, no 280 has it, and will continue with the new  2021 GPF 280.

I'm sure the choice to change yet again the bhp to an already used value will create quite a mess when trying to define models and engines...

Thank you, kind Sir. 

I did try to obtain some prices from Carwow, but the 272 engine is no longer available, from your info I can understand why this is so.

DC