Panoramic Sunroof Issues?

I'm wondering if anyone else has had any issues with the panoramic sunroof on the Mk3 Octavia.

Often the sunroof will not close, stopping at the second to last position, and no matter how many times I re-open and try to re-close, it will not close. This will happen around once a week, and the issue will often go away however I'm having the same problem again. I've checked the roof itself and recess for any obstructions and all looks fine. 

I am due a call back from Skoda on Monday, but I'm just wondering if this is a common issue or I've just been a little unlucky.

Thanks. 

Edited by Skombi

The manual gives instructions on how to reset the open and closed positions after disconnecting the battery.  I had a problem with closing the sun blind. When closing after leaving it open for weeks it bounced back from the fully closed by about 30cm. Disconnected battery and reset this has solved my problem.

• Like 1

It's happening because the paging has gone off. A reset should do the trick, worked for me when I had the same issues following an interior detail (someone obviously bumped the switch).

- Turn the dial to the fully closed position

- One side of the dial has an indentation and can be tilted up slightly. Do that, and hold it

- After 10 seconds or so the sunroof should start opening on its own, and will then close. Keep holding the dial in the tilted position

- Dial can be released once the sunroof has fully returned home. Process is now complete and the sunroof should be fixed

Edited by TrinityJay
Me type good
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The dealer looked at the issue and found a small twig located in a runner, however the removal of this hasn't sorted the issue. They wanted £270 (for the time to remove the sunroof and diagnose the issue) to see if any damaged had occurred however I declined on this occasion, as I'd quite like a second opinion. 

• 3 months later...
On 11/01/2021 at 21:39, TrinityJay said:

Have you tried the reset procedure? Since the twig was removed?

I (think) I tried that, with so such joy however I did manage to get it to close and I've not opened it since.

When coming to change the car, I'll speak to Skoda about it then if I don't get round to having an independent garage look at it for me.