Fuel Flap not closing

As per title the flap will not close flush. It's only just started doing this. It is not flapping around as I drive but it isn't how it should be.

I've tried moving the plastic wire which attaches the cap to the inside but that doesn't seem to be the issue. 

Anyone come across this? Suggestions?

I've tried googling it and nothing crops up.

14 minutes ago, LordTyrion said:

As per title the flap will not close flush. It's only just started doing this. It is not flapping around as I drive but it isn't how it should be.

I've tried moving the plastic wire which attaches the cap to the inside but that doesn't seem to be the issue. 

Anyone come across this? Suggestions?

I've tried googling it and nothing crops up.

Normally the solenoid fails which is normally what locks the fuel flap shut when the car is locked. This happened to me on a 2005 SEAT Toledo.

1 minute ago, shyVRS245 said:

Normally the solenoid fails which is normally what locks the fuel flap shut when the car is locked. This happened to me on a 2005 SEAT Toledo.

That's more technical than I expected. I thought it would be a bit of plastic or something. Okay, thanks for that.

Was that a dealer fix or is it something that can be done by a local / independent garage?

1 minute ago, LordTyrion said:

That's more technical than I expected. I thought it would be a bit of plastic or something. Okay, thanks for that.

Was that a dealer fix or is it something that can be done by a local / independent garage?

Dealer fixed it under warranty as the car was only 12 months old at the time.

When I first bought my MK3 I didn't manage to close the fuel flap correctly. It didn't seem to sit quite as it should and a little movement made it fit perfectly again. I'm not sure why it happened, but it fits fine now and the problem hasn't reoccurred.

Give it bit of a lift as you close it and see if that helps. Good Luck.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, niggi57 said:

When I first bought my MK3 I didn't manage to close the fuel flap correctly. It didn't seem to sit quite as it should and a little movement made it fit perfectly again. I'm not sure why it happened, but it fits fine now and the problem hasn't reoccurred.

Give it bit of a lift as you close it and see if that helps. Good Luck.

I've just done this and it worked 🙄. Thanks 👍

• Like 1