Fault codes - Carista

courty

These codes popped up during a search on the Carista app, can anybody clarify as to what they are as I've searched online and can't seem to locate all of the code definitions.

Should I be worried that my car is going to explode into a million pieces? I've read on a few of the SEAT and VW forums that Carista faults should be taken with a pinch of salt? I mean how can the ABS be linked to the camshaft?!?

It's a 65-plate Octavia TDI VRS.

Thanks

Screenshot_20201228_162105_com.prizmos.carista.jpg

Screenshot_20201228_162049_com.prizmos.carista.jpg

Edited by courty

Carista is being rubbish and giving the wrong description for the ABS error code, it's actually a common TPMS fault code...

As for the others:

- 131586 suggests a low battery voltage at some point

- 05898 I've no idea about

- 263442 could be an alarm issue

- 204546 means one of your keys may have a low battery

If I were you, I'd make sure the TPMS system is set properly (after checking the pressures) and replace the battery in your keyfobs. Then clear the fault codes and rescan in a week or so to see if any come back :)

• Like 1