2016 Sportline TDI 150 DSG - cambelt & water pump change confusion timing

I know this subject has been covered in the past but would be grateful for an up-to-date answer. A friend has had his 2016 Sportline 2.0 TDI 150 Sportline estate serviced at 67,000 miles - oil change, filters, etc. He was under the impression a cambelt/w.pump change was due every five years and therefore not needed – yet. He has now been told by the dealer (Dartford Motorpoint) it should be around 60,000 miles. Therefore it is overdue. The lack of clear guidance is causing some anxiety. 

Any thoughts?

With thanks.

MM  

Not sure on the current official numbers but 60k sounds early to me. 5 years is normal and there has been variation between 80k and 120k in the UK from reports I've seen on here. 

I would suggest your friend seeks advice from the service manager specifically about the documentation regarding the servicing. 

The water pump could also go soon as that age and mileage is ripe for failure I think. Not a bad thing to get it done now depending on how long they intend to keep the car.

31 minutes ago, MasterMunchkin said:

I know this subject has been covered in the past but would be grateful for an up-to-date answer. A friend has had his 2016 Sportline 2.0 TDI 150 Sportline estate serviced at 67,000 miles - oil change, filters, etc. He was under the impression a cambelt/w.pump change was due every five years and therefore not needed – yet. He has now been told by the dealer (Dartford Motorpoint) it should be around 60,000 miles. Therefore it is overdue. The lack of clear guidance is causing some anxiety. 

Any thoughts?

With thanks.

MM  

Hi MM, 

Looks like you're not too far from me, i'm based in Greenwich.  Basically i have the exact same car but L&K Spec and just had my cambelt and water pump done at 102K miles this year.  Checking the book and forums it's basically 5 years or 100K miles roughly.  I was also having a problem with the coolant level dropping like crazy during parts of the year and this was linked to the cam belt/water pump and all fine now but was pretty serious at the time.  I've used Skoda Beadles Maidstone for all my Skoda Superbs (MK2 and now MK3) and find them very professional, efficient and reasonable price wise (they've won awards for customer service).   The only problem this year was getting the car booked in earlier the year due to the pandemic but they really did they're best for me.  MarkyG82 has a point about the water pump but they should be good until 75K miles, mine went to 102K before giving issues but probably started around 100K.

@MasterMunchkinThat is what happens when someone without a clue checks with someone without a clue.

These people learn on the job from someone without a clue.

PS

The DSG Oil change is due at 40,000 miles with your DSG.

(When they say it is with DQ200 DSG's, that is because they do not have a clue.)

With Skoda UK you pick a number any number at at one time over the past decades it might be right.

They change things regularly from 'schedules, guidelines, recommendations'. 

Oddly Service Plans might not include things getting done when Skoda UK recommend them being done.

C43633A2-798C-4A6E-8799-A772BDA2B9AB.jpeg.463ecc70333ff4529f23316b10d42671.jpeg

Edited by e-Roottoot