iV...remote heating and windscreen in MyConnect

One appeal of the iV is the ability to remotely start windscreen heating and car heat through the Skoda Connect app om Android phone. It worked when I first got (and tested) my L&K Combi, but not now...when it's needed. Phone app continually returns 'not successful, try again' after a couple of minutes. App itself is connecting to car (I can see real time data such as charge and lock status). Any ideas?

Is the battery fully charged ?

I assume (might be wrong) that it only allows electric heaters when there is sufficient charge.  I am guessing if anyone is only doing minimal journeys during lockdown then need to plug it in to charge (especially if using heating thus drawing down battery before each short journey).

Are you able to check charge level via app

I don’t have an iv so guessing a bit here

Edited by SurreyJohn

Hi,

have you ticked the option to let it use the battery? If not it will only work if you are plugged into the charge point.

Have used mine a few times and works well. I often set the screen and heating to come on by setting in the trip section to have the car ready by a set time.

There are a few different options you can set you just need to play to set it to be the way you want.

Worked well in the summer as well by cooling the car for me ready to come home from work (blue light worker so still had to go in occasionally) 

John

I tried this yesterday on the GTE.  I was going out in the afternoon having already gone out in the morning.  it was charging and at about 75% SOC.  I selected preheat AC in the app and it looked like it stopped the main charging.  When I looked again a little while later to check the app (first tie doing the prehet this way) the SOC was at 100% despite showing as not charging.  I think it's just a broken reporting in the system showing not charging.

Also takes some time to actually kick in the preheat.

• 3 weeks later...

It just doesn't work. Have had iV now for a year, and it only works perhap 1 time in few weeks. It rarely works for anyone in the past few months so it is huge issue with Skoda Connect service at least on this new MIB3. Have been in contact with seller, importer, manufacturer, abd they just can't get it fixed. 

Edited by jpalo

I have used this function a few times (minimal because of lockdown even though I am a blue light worker) and it has worked every time. I have taken the tick out of use battery as I think this is counter productive as it seems to use lots of battery power, when plugged in it takes about 3+KW to run the AC (heating) and the screen heating. I find it great to be able to get into a warm cleared car and looks to increase the range on the battery as it does not have to do the initial heating of the car.

John