Rear disc brake dust shield

kentdale

Working on my vrs brakes unfortunately the front dust shields more or less disintegrated as it touched them,I can see that they are easy to replace,  the rear ones are almost  in a similar state although it looks as though the hub along with the bearing has to be removed to allow shield replacement. 

I have looked into the implications of the  MOT and as long as there is no impedement of the braking system it's not a fail.

Any thoughts and advice appreciated. 

Thanks.

Martin

22 hours ago, RallyeSport77 said:

just buy a pair of new ones from TPS, or contact Coverdale Car Parts.

Hi, yes I intend to buy and fit new front ones, its the back ones that are the issue regarding removal and fitting of new ones, have you fitted new back ones without hub removal?

If you look the back disc shield appears to be fitted with the hub bolts.

Martin

Not fitted them yet sorry no, but I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it, I have new hubs, discs and callipers to fit to the back end anyway with the Octavia vRS brake set up I’m fitting eventually.

wouldn't do any harm to do as I have, preventative maintenance, FAGG or SKF bearings are about £35 a corner.

23 minutes ago, RallyeSport77 said:

Not fitted them yet sorry no, but I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it, I have new hubs, discs and callipers to fit to the back end anyway with the Octavia vRS brake set up I’m fitting eventually.

wouldn't do any harm to do as I have, preventative maintenance, FAGG or SKF bearings are about £35 a corner.

By the look of images for the Octavia (not sure which year) the shield on the rear bolt independently from the hub bolts not as in my Fabia vrs.

Oh and my local TPS has stopped private customers buying due to covid as it's not good here., been looking at autodoc.

Anyhow thanks for your thoughts.

Martin

Edited by kentdale
more text