Time to Say Goodbye

gman1967

Well after almost 3 years, the company leased 2018 Octavia VRS diesel goes back in couole of months. Initially loved the car, the space, the reasonable performance and decent handling and of course the space (2 kids)!

As time went on, not so good and silly little niggles (parking manouvere brake warning, stop start system warning constantly on, headlights that are way too short on dip and poor on main beam to name 3. Since lockdown, car hasn't seen use it warrants (and evidently needs) and the underpowered battery flattens way too easily (wifes old diesel Zafira been called into action on 3 occasions so far)

Company lease car makes no sense currently unless you like paying more money to HMRC every month so going to run my own. Currently thinking Golf R, A45 AMG, BMW 335d xdrive or Audi S3 (in that order). But dark horse may be a petrol VRS (230 or 245) but remap to take it to power it should have😀👍

On the whole enjoyed it but if it had been mine to own, would have been in dealers a fair few times. Oh, and don't get me started about the Sat nav - that has a mind of it's own and knows roads that haven't even been constructed yet!!

Best to all owners, stay safe and hope 2021 might offer more in terms of being able to just go out and enjoy driving, as well as life in general.

Grant

20191109_084504.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Cheerio Grant :)

I moved on to a 7.5 GTI nearly two years ago now.  Joined and re-joined Golf fora, but they don't feel quite the same as Brisky, so I've just stuck around.  Your"R' looks lovely B)

Gaz 

3 hours ago, Gaz_ said:

Cheerio Grant :)

I moved on to a 7.5 GTI nearly two years ago now.  Joined and re-joined Golf fora, but they don't feel quite the same as Brisky, so I've just stuck around.  Your"R' looks lovely B)

Gaz 

Cheers Gaz. Joined VWROC and the natives seem friendly enough - see how it goes. Yes, well chuffed with car (in the 3 days I've had it)!!! Air cin, sat nav etc weirdly familiar too🤔🤣👍

Cheers

Grant