Car deadlocked/Battery dead/No access

Hi guys,

In short, battery totally dead, car deadlocked. Key won't open door, as it just keeps turning.

I was planning on jump starting it to get it to the garage, as it was booked in for tomorrow - drop off today.

I figured if I could open the bonnet, I could get enough charge in the battery to operate the locks and then jump start it.

Any advice on popping the bonnet?

Took bottom grill off. Can access bonnet lever that appears when boot is popped and can see the downward hanging hook. Tried looping some wire around this and pulling in various directions but no joy. No sign of bonnet cable.

Been reading threads about the taking wheel and trim etc off. Was hoping for a quick solution to get it to the garage this afternoon. 

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks,

Joe. 

May be a bit late but if you can connect a lead to the starter cable you can charge from here or if you use jump leads you may then be able to open the door.

John

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply, John.

I still don't have a solution.

Could you provide a little more info on what you mean by connect a lead to the starter cable? 

Thanks,

Joe. 

if you can see the starter from either underneath or where you have the grill off  you should be able to see the power in from the battery which will be the heavy cable, this connects straight to the battery positive. if you attach a charger to this and ground you should be able to charge the battery up enough to open the door.  The other connection which may be easier to get to is the alternator connecter shown in this pic this again is a positive.

alt.jpg

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, joeninho said:

Any advice on popping the bonnet?

Took bottom grill off. Can access bonnet lever that appears when boot is popped and can see the downward hanging hook. Tried looping some wire around this and pulling in various directions but no joy. No sign of bonnet cable.

That is the secondary lock that prevents the bonnet from flying up if the primary catch is not engaged or releases, you need to get access to the cable and pull the outer, it runs along or possibly under the slam panel to the NS inner wing, if you can get the NS headlight out you might have the access you need, you should be able to get to the release lever but not sure about the knurled retaining nut, I no longer own a MK2 to go out and have a look at.

Suggestion to access the starter motor or even the alternator is a good idea.

• Thanks 1