Skoda App is it really not any better then this?

Hi I have the Skoda app on my iPhone..

And it certainly seem to have its flaws (as well as Skodas infotainment system..what is it with Skoda and software?)

Every  time I want to get into the app I am logged out so I must log in again..why??

When I get into the app its never synced recently..

Most often it states the car is unlocked...which it is not...

To start the diesel warming system is basically not possible (it has worked once..)

The app states its not allowed to access the car very often and if I go out to the car and check in the infotainment system it clearly states that it allows for remote access...IE the app is wrong...

And lots of stuff like that...I assume more people have issues with this app?

Now its for free the first year but with such a bad function there's no way Im gonna pay to extend it...It work so bad that I simply don't use it...

Whats your experiences?

• Like 1

I already have the latest app. And it's f***ing useless. Here's my latest experience:

I park up on Monday. I open the rear door, remove my coat and hat from the rear seat, shut the door then use KESSY to close the car. I see the door mirror fold which to me confirms the car is locked. I put on my hat and coat and go off for a walk in the wooded hillside. About half an hour later I find an old guy out walking his dog but he's got lost in the maze of forest tracks, so I walk with him to one of the main artery roads. In conversation he tells me he's just bought a new car but is having trouble with the 'wireless' :D.  I tell him I've been in IT for 30 years and I can't get on with modern systems either, even the simplest of tasks can be over complicated. I mention that I'm able to open/close the car on my phone - I mean, who would ever use a phone to open their car?  He thinks I'm pulling his leg...  so I take out my phone to show him.

I start the App and to my horror a diagram shows my rear door is open and the car is unlocked !  Doubt now creeps in... did I really close the door? did I really see the mirror fold? And then I think if the alarm is sounding it would draw attention to the car and folk might see the door is open!  We get to the artery road but instead of me carrying on with my walk, I run the 2 miles back to my car.

And when I get back I see the car door closed and door mirrors folded. I look inside and the alarm is armed. OK so perhaps I never closed the rear door properly? Nope, the door was locked solid.

It's bad enough designing an App that answers questions I never asked, but when it then gives the wrong answer to questions I never asked...   It's a pile of useless 5hite. 

Edited by Guest

App doesn`t update itself every second.

Open the app and check the period since last update (lower green circle).

Update app pressing Refresh button (upper green circle)

Simple as that.

Capture.thumb.png.a001a14253704f5889ec4a5cf0f9010f.png

Edited by linni

1 hour ago, linni said:

App doesn`t update itself every second.

Open the app and check the period since last update (lower green circle).

Update app pressing Refresh button (upper green circle)

Simple as that.

If it was as simple as you say, then folk are correct in calling the App a waste of time. Why in Gods name would you access the App to look at the data the last time you hit refresh? It should be giving you the current status, not past status.

And about that old information you imply it's telling you. I've never used the app when my door is open, nor used it when the windows were down. So why would it be giving me that info?

System is currently telling me the car is unlocked, windows down and lights are on. The car I'm looking at right now is locked !!! 

I agree with others. When I open the App it very briefly goes to the activate screen then goes to my car. Sometimes tho it sticks on the activate screen so you're under the impression the App has lost settings to your car - it's as if the App hangs on startup.

It's a complete waste of time. I've never had the need to use it, never seen the need to use it but when I do, the information is unreliable. 

• 8 months later...
On 27/01/2021 at 18:27, Micke1967 said:

Hi I have the Skoda app on my iPhone..

And it certainly seem to have its flaws (as well as Skodas infotainment system..what is it with Skoda and software?)

Every  time I want to get into the app I am logged out so I must log in again..why??

When I get into the app its never synced recently..

Most often it states the car is unlocked...which it is not...

To start the diesel warming system is basically not possible (it has worked once..)

The app states its not allowed to access the car very often and if I go out to the car and check in the infotainment system it clearly states that it allows for remote access...IE the app is wrong...

And lots of stuff like that...I assume more people have issues with this app?

Now its for free the first year but with such a bad function there's no way Im gonna pay to extend it...It work so bad that I simply don't use it...

Whats your experiences?

I've had the Octavia for nearly a year and I've still got open cases with reference to the rubbish infotainment system and I get random error messages nigh on every week. And to top it off the Skoda app is pointless it's a gimmick, they'll tell you it's the UK law that you can't remotely access your vehicle yet mercedes have no issues. You can start your car remotely to warm it up ready. I can't even lock the stupid car remotely so you can have the pleasure sitting looking at your app stressing that you've not locked the car. But hey at least you can beep the horn and flash the lights to attract every thief to your car. I'm literally considering handing it back to the finance company and looking elsewhere. Good luck mate. 

Oh and my sat nav won't change to miles after an update it's locked in km's no matter what you try and select. The lane assist is a complete pile of interfering rubbish. Skoda need to slap the person responsible. And isn't it funny how the major car magazines never report these issues yet vote the Octavia car of the year. What a giraffe.