Boot lid rust

Hi all,

My mum has a 2011 1.2 TSI DSG, which is still going strong after 60k miles, but the boot lid is starting to rust quite badly from where the number plate lights are housed. Anyone else had this problem / cost of fix and what was needed?

I am considering just buying a tailgate from a car that’s been broken for parts - if anyone who has one or know someone who does (Cappuccino Beige), please give me a shout. 

Thanks in advance. 

I think you are going to be right on the cusp, so to speak. I think they had a ten year anti perforation warranty and you will clearly see this has been ongoing. That said, any claim should be made asap. It can't hurt to try, though as this seems to be a common(Ish) Problem. They may do it free or meet you half way but that said, second hand may well be cheaper, if you are able to fit it.

Found this on eBay for £40 but it says collection. You might be able to get it couriered as its a good price. They are averaging around a hundred, used.

SKODA FABIA TAILGATE BOOT LID BEIGE PAINT CODE 9202 2010-2014

Edited by mrgf