Central locking problem in a Fabia Mk1 vRS

rogerwa

My central locking is not working with the ignition key. 
I have changed the battery without a positive outcome.

Any obvious checks to identify the problem or even fix it?

• 2 weeks later...

Does the central locking work when you use the key in the lock, what about if you use the buttons on the drivers door?

Are you saying that only the remote locking facility doesn't work? Did it work before?

We need information in written English to help diagnose the problem.

• Like 1

On 02/02/2021 at 17:18, rogerwa said:

My central locking is not working with the ignition key. 
I have changed the battery without a positive outcome.

Any obvious checks to identify the problem or even fix it?

I had a problem with the key fob itself .. What I thought was a duff battery was actually where the little contact fingers connect with the PCB. There was a hole worn in the copper pad and I put a small piece of tin foil just the right size to cover the pad. I gave the contacts a careful bend up and bingo solved. This might not be your problem but just my 10p into the ring.

On 17/02/2021 at 09:40, sepulchrave said:

Does the central locking work when you use the key in the lock, what about if you use the buttons on the drivers door?

Are you saying that only the remote locking facility doesn't work? Did it work before?

We need information in written English to help diagnose the problem.

This would be very handy to have the right info ! To ask a question with sketchy details does not help. Its very difficult when you are not standing beside a problem so details are key ... Lads here are very knowledgeable and experienced but they lack the skills in reading a crystal ball !!