Skoda iv not charging

Hi, 

Left my Superb iV plugged in overnight so was expecting a full charge. On the front charge flap there is a solid green light which shows it is fully charged but the battery is in fact flat!! The dash display on the car shows it is flat. 

On the granny charger, there are two green lights and the bottom green light is flashing green rapidly. 

Has anyone come across this before? I can't find anything in the manual... 

Edited by techsearchuk

1 hour ago, Patent said:

I have a Passat GTE (have just ordered an iV estate). This just happens sometimes. Generally removing and reinserting the cable is enough to get it to start charging. It happens to me once every 3  months maybe. 

Took a few attempts but got going in the end. Only had the car a month so was getting concerned! 

It's most irritating when it doesn't charge overnight and you get into a car in the morning that's freezing cold with no battery range!

If you're using the granny charger it might be worth turning down the charge current in the e-manager unless you're certain the 240v socket you're using is up to the demand? It might be detecting a fault and cutting off the charge but I'd expect it to have a fault light if that's the case.

I think you're spot on with that. The wiring from the garage isn't great so I did suspect the socket might have had something to do with it. 

By coincidence my new Type 2 Tethered charging cable came today so I have just swapped out the Type 1 cable I used to have for my Leaf and fitted the Type 2.  The granny charger was always just going to be a short term fix but given what happened this morning I'm glad to be back to using a proper ev charger now. 

Yeah, some would say it was a backwards step. We had two leafs a 30kw and a 24kw but only need one car now but need something decent size due to two growing children and me being 6ft 4. The leafs just weren't big enough. I would love to have stayed fully electric but just couldn't find a car within budget that was big enough and took my fancy. 

We rarely do more than 25ish miles a day so the PHEV seemed like the next best thing.

There is a drop in performance on emode compated to the Leaf but I find myself happily cruising around in the Superb rather than nipping around in the Leaf of that makes sense! 

It would be interesting to see the 0-60 stats for the Superb in emode only but I couldn't find them anywhere. 

I think it's possibly over 10 seconds, but as you say, it suits the character of the car. 

We had a similar thought process, we need a big boot and I don't really want an SUV / crossover so the the only option was a PHEV again but I'm happy with that

It has happened to me once..not charging..I found that the charge timer was switched  off by mistake..my best full charge from my car is 39klm..full charge,is anyone else getting close to the quoted figures that skodar are saying..

Its happened to me once as well very annoying, but got the app working again now so at least can check it before leaving the house.

When i had it first in July / August was get over 30 miles to a charge 50km but now its more like 20-22miles