Interchangeability of Parts

russ17

Hi

I need to source a door speaker for an Octavia Mk2 1Z - part number is 1Z 0 035 411 C

I have found one which is from a Fabia Mk1 6Y and has a part number 6Y 0 035 411 C

Obviously, the first two characters of the part number indicate the model that it is for, the remaining characters are the actual part designation.

The question is, will the Fabia part fit the Octavia? They look the same, but I personally cannot measure it to confirm fitment.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks 

Russ

• 1 month later...

I went ahead and ordered the Fabia Mk1 6Y front door speaker with the part number 6Y 0 035 411 C. The original Octavia Mk2 1Z speaker has a part number of 1Z 0 035 411 C

The Fabia speaker was a perfect fit.

Conclusion - The relevant part of the part number was "0 035 411 C " - the 1Z or 6Y prefix means that it was intended for a Octavia (1Z) or Fabia (6Y)

I have found that its the suffixes that can make a difference, for trim items they signify the different colours or finishes available.

When I phone TPS I like to give them the part number, they will then read back the description and ask if its the correct part but also saying is it suffix AB-AB for matt black or XY-XY for chrome finish?

Oemwolf.com website can be handy for spotting such equivalences.

If you stick that Fabia part number in the search box (minus all the spaces) you find that it gets superseded first by 6Y0035411D in 2006, which was then  superseded by an Octy mk2, suffix-Q number  1Z0035411Q in 2011 

If you then search for the Octy mk2 part number 1Z0035411C you see that it too is superseded by the same Suffix-Q part number in 2011, thus demonstrating interchangeability.

Edited by Wino
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1